Who is good with computers?

Bam

Alright, I bought a Dell laptop a couple months back and its pissing me off. First off every couple times I turn it on the screen is fuzzy and I have to go to "Settings" and just change the screen resolution. What could be causing this?

Also, its just plain SLOW, I want to basically PURGE the system of all the unnecessary crap that I don't and will not ever use, so hopefully it'll run smoother and faster.

Another thing, do I have 2 HD's? Because I have 2 local drives, C & E. But every couple days it says E is full or needs cleaned out or something, WTF? And it looks like I have COPIES of all my files and programs for some reason.

Lastly, some of my programs are hidden in folders/subfolders and I can't see them on my Program Menu in the Startup Menu, why is this?

Oh, and how do I get wireless internet in my house? My laptop has it, my house doesn't.

Thanks guys.

Matt

My number is 595-5536, any help would be appreciated. Finally someone who is local and Dell Certified or whatever, I hate how they don't have a store and I always have to call on them, that's bullshit.

Call me whenever, that's my cell.

Thanks

Matt

I'd help you too. Been using computers since 1984 starting with the Commodore 64, and I tend to have an ability to find almost any driver, and get almost any machine that's toast running again, barring hardware failure.

Originally posted by Kuruma:

I'd help you too. Been using computers since 1984 starting with the Commodore 64, and I tend to have an ability to find almost any driver, and get almost any machine that's toast running again, barring hardware failure.

I have experience with 8080 CPUs. The Navy's Tomahawk system used them until 2002. Booting up the system, it read January 1st, 1974 :D

Tax dollars at work ;)

hell ant, i didnt know you were that good with computers. i need a little help with mine. i haeve a dell 8200 that has a virus called Bloodhound virus and i have tried numerous times to get it off and nothing. you wanna try. PM me or whatever. or call me at 740-815-4516