Howdy from your western neighbors

Guest GlowinCelica

Guest GlowinCelica

Hello, just joined this site

my car until a week ago...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/glowincelica

Now, the engine is toast and I cant see fixing it.

I guess the main reasons I joined this board are...

a) With no car, I don't have crap to do but stay at home for now, therefore I've been bored enough to look for different sites and somebody linked me here to look for cars for sale...and

b) the point of this thread...

can ANYONE tell me a good place to look for a decent car to start modding again, I'm looking at about the $7k range and mustangs and fbodies are pretty much out because I'm a 20 year old guy with a nice speeding ticket on my record, and buying either of those cars would make my insurance $209 a month or more :mad:

EDIT: I just realized the first half of this thread belongs in here, but the second half belongs in the forum above this one...

Guest GlowinCelica

Well, ya see, it breaks down like this...

I need to get a bunch of bodywork done to my car...

I also cannot find a decent price on an engine locally...

The best price I've gotten is about $1200 for the engine installed (don't have the resources to do it myself, lack of a garage)

and if I invested the $1200 in getting the engine installed, it would mean I officially had more money in the car than it was worth.

Guest Rane
You could...Buy a wagon big enough to fit you and a christmas tree, then you could roll down a hill or put a go-kart motor in it. If you do that it might have to be a trailor queen though but anyways. Then you can be something usefull like "Glowing tree" I will even chip in and let you use a portable stero if you need it.

My car, $5k. You dont get much more non traditional then a high 14 sec modular land yacht that can handle corners better then most cars on the road (if you know how to weild it ;) ) Free lessons with puchase.

96 Tbird Sport, driving your living room was never this much fun graemlins/thumb.gif

If you want a mustang, PM me or catch me on instant messenger. I've got an 88lx nothcback that is incredibly clean and has a 460hp motor. Lotsa fun, if you are interested I can give you more details.

:cool: