Someone vandalized my car tonight at Jegs

MrMeanGreen

Originally posted by GAS,GRASS,OR ASS:

nobody has accused anyone of anything and your all set to defend him? pretty shady. I'd back way up off that and just stick to the part where your sorry the belt got cut off.

Dave he said that he already thinks he knows who did it. He aid that person has worked on his car before. It isnt to hard to think who he is talkin about.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say call him out, but that opens up one hell of a Pandora's Box.

I'm glad I don't consider anyone like that my friend. That's childish and immature, and it really is grounds for a butt-whoopin'. No reason that nonsense needs to happen. :(

Sam, the people behind my car were just that, behind my car. The hood was up and they couldn't see past it, not to mention my car does get a lot of lookers when the hood is up.

As for who it may have been, there's been more than a few people mentioning an individual hanging around my engine bay and at one point, actually reaching in. Whether they were doing something malicious or maybe just pointing at something closely, we all know they have no reason or right to be anywhere close.

Best advice from me to them and anyone else involved? Stay the fuck away from it, no matter what their purpose is. They were being closely watched by quite a few people, especially with their past record.

I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure and never will be unless someone identifies an individual actually carrying my belt. But coincidence is enough, so it's in people's best interests to keep away from my car if they're not trusted. After all, they are in the limelight.

This all being said, I'd like to thank whomever it was who did remove my belt. I was forced to pull everything apart earlier this evening since it's required for a belt change. I ultimately ended up finding another problem. The bearing seized in my idler pulley and decided to commit suicide. Now that I have things apart, this enables me to repair it before something much worse could have happened.

So again, thanks to whomever was a fag and cut my belt to swipe it. You've allowed me to diagnose a much bigger problem that could have been much worse than a $24 supercharger belt.

Originally posted by GAS,GRASS,OR ASS:

nobody has accused anyone of anything and your all set to defend him? pretty shady. I'd back way up off that and just stick to the part where your sorry the belt got cut off.

He's been plenty accusatory, and he knows it, I know it, and you know it. So give me a fucking break with the "nobody has accused anyone of anything" bullshit.

Originally posted by Venomss:

He's been plenty accusatory, and he knows it, I know it, and you know it. So give me a fucking break with the "nobody has accused anyone of anything" bullshit.

No names were mentioned, but plenty of people saw something/someone I didn't. Shall we start marching them up so we can have a lynching, or just agree that nothing has been 100% proven, so we chalk it up as a FYI.

If you'd like to be the one to complain and open Pandora's Box, John, feel free. Then you'll start seeing stuff you won't like and all bets are off.

Originally posted by N/A Again:

No names were mentioned, but plenty of people saw something I didn't. Shall we start marching them up so we can have a lynching, or just agree that nothing has been 100% proven, so we chalk it up as a FYI.

If you'd like to be the one to complain and open Pandora's Box, John, feel free. Then you'll start seeing stuff you won't like and all bets are off.

You didn't have to mention names - if we didn't know who you were talking about before, In Pieces Still gave it away. Don't insult the collective intelligence of this board.

Not sure how to take the Pandora's Box comment. :confused:

Assumptions are a mother fucker. Unless you can be 100% sure, accusations are only going to accomplish 1 thing and under no circumstances are they positive. It sucks when shit happens to your stuff, but the last thing that needs to happen is slander or lyble (sp) or even worse. Hope its not what you think and just some ass hat.

We have a good idea of who it was, and this person was spotted around my engine bay for a few minutes while I was at Massey's. They've been under the hood before working on the car awhile ago under a different pretense.

This hasn't gone un-noticed, and the car is no longer In Pieces Still.

slan·der ( P ) Pronunciation Key (slndr)

n.

Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

li·bel ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbl)

n.

A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.

The act of presenting such material to the public.

The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.

your lawyer must hate you.....

graemlins/slap.gif

Not insulting, you seem to be a fan of bringing minor details some would overlook and bring attention to it. Unfortunately, people saw what they saw and word got out about it before I even came back from Massey's. I do believe I'm entitled to elaborate indirectly with what proof has been presented, and I have admitted it's not 100%. But, the witnessed event is still there and was acted upon in a public place. Take it as you will, but when a group of individuals presents something that catches their attention, it's scrutinized, especially under the circumstances.

Originally posted by turbotalont56:

slan·der ( P ) Pronunciation Key (slndr)

n.

Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

li·bel ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbl)

n.

A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.

The act of presenting such material to the public.

The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.

your lawyer must hate you.....

graemlins/slap.gif

Bwahahahaha. Good try, already proved legally not applicable on CR. Thanks for playing.

Sam, the people behind my car were just that, behind my car. The hood was up and they couldn't see past it, not to mention my car does get a lot of lookers when the hood is up.

As for who it may have been, there's been more than a few people mentioning an individual hanging around my engine bay and at one point, actually reaching in. Whether they were doing something malicious or maybe just pointing at something closely, we all know they have no reason or right to be anywhere close.

Then don’t open your hood!

Best advice from me to them and anyone else involved? Stay the fuck away from it, no matter what their purpose is. They were being closely watched by quite a few people, especially with their past record.

I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure and never will be unless someone identifies an individual actually carrying my belt. But coincidence is enough, so it's in people's best interests to keep away from my car if they're not trusted. After all, they are in the limelight.

Then don't bring your car out!

This all being said, I'd like to thank whomever it was who did remove my belt. I was forced to pull everything apart earlier this evening since it's required for a belt change. I ultimately ended up finding another problem. The bearing seized in my idler pulley and decided to commit suicide. Now that I have things apart, this enables me to repair it before something much worse could have happened.

So again, thanks to whomever was a fag and cut my belt to swipe it. You've allowed me to diagnose a much bigger problem that could have been much worse than a $24 supercharger belt.

You ever think that maybe a seized idler pulley could have caused your belt to self-destruct on the way to Jags and was already gone when you got there???? I am in no way saying it is OK to do that to a car, but with what you just said I think it is a little rediculous to just to conclusions and accuse people that a lot of us know.

Someone pours sugar in your gas tank?

Put a lock on your gas tank door! Don't remove your car from the garage!

graemlins/slap.gif

Actually you could get a locking gas cap, or just try not being enough of an asshole that someone would want to do that to you may work also

Originally posted by Need Boost:

You ever think that maybe a seized idler pulley could have caused your belt to self-destruct on the way to Jags and was already gone when you got there???? I am in no way saying it is OK to do that to a car, but with what you just said I think it is a little rediculous to just to conclusions and accuse people that a lot of us know.

Car has functional supercharger when driven and parked. Trust me, it's hard to not hear.

Car is started after sitting 1.5 hours, and no longer has functional supercharger right at start. Car has no pieces of belt, or for that matter, a belt anywhere including under the car. Did it walk off? Did the pulley magically disentegrate it in the parking space while the car was off?

Make your own conclusions.

Car has functional supercharger when driven and parked. Trust me, it's hard to not hear.

Car is started after sitting 1.5 hours, and no longer has functional supercharger right at start. Car has no pieces of belt, or for that matter, a belt anywhere including under the car. Did it walk off? Did the pulley magically disentegrate it in the parking space while the car was off?

Make your own conclusions.

I think it is more likely that your pulley disintegrated your belt than it being cut in a parking lot full of people, yet no one saw a damn thing.

Actually you could get a locking gas cap, or just try not being enough of an asshole that someone would want to do that to you may work also

Hahaha, fuck you. Someone who does that to someone's vehicle and doesn't confront them directly is just a pussy, no matter what context you look at it in.

If you don't like me since I'm an asshole, then stay the fuck away from me. That simple, eh?

I think it is more likely that your pulley disintegrated your belt than it being cut in a parking lot full of people, yet no one saw a damn thing.

Yes, disentegrated while off with NO traces whatsoever.

People did see something/someone, and that's what brought this whole situation to my attention.

Are you this dense in real life too?

Originally posted by The Vette:

Not to be a dick or anything, but in no way would I ever leave my car or leave it unattened with the hood open at that matter no matter who is there to watch the car.

You're right, Sam. For years between my Camaro and my Firebird, I've been to plenty of meets both here and in Florida and never had a problem leaving my hood up unattended. Until now.

That's stopped as of last night. I mark this as a learning lesson and move on, or at least try to until some people let this die.

People did see something/someone, and that's what this whole situation to my attention.

but the question is *did they see him/her take the belt* if not then all you can do i hate some for maybe doing something. I went through this same shit when some shitbag stepped on my laptop. No proof just leaves you with a nice lil spot of hate in your heart. but since you already seem to have this angry disposition against the unnamed then i guess it doesnt really matter anyways and your anger is proof enough for yourself.

People did see something/someone, and that's what this whole situation to my attention.

Hmmm. All this time I was thinking you are the dense one. Oh wait you are. Everyone knows whom you are talking about and I in no way believe it was he. I think you are so full of yourself that you are just making up shit to talk about. I think it is much more likely that your belt is out on Main St. and you did not realize that as you pulled in to Jegs. That make it any clearer for you or should I spell thinks out slower for you.

Originally posted by Drunkendubber:

but the question is *did they see him/her take the belt* if not then all you can do i hate some for maybe doing something. I went through this same shit when some shitbag stepped on my laptop. No proof just leaves you with a nice lil spot of hate in your heart. but since you already seem to have this angry disposition against the unnamed then i guess it doesnt really matter anyways and your anger is proof enough for yourself.

As stated before Kyle, the answer is no. People saw standing and reaching at/into my engine bay, but no actual belt leaving. Thus, why I've said not 100% sure and that mark it up as an experience with leaving my hood up unattended.

Lemme put this into another angle. Say you have a party and there's plenty of beer. The end of the night, there's only beer left in a glass marked "Kyle". A group of people see someone they know standing around holding this glass of yours with beer in it, at one point bringing it close to their mouth. However, they never actually see them drink any. 10 minutes later, you go to grab the glass of the remaining beer that has your name on it, and it's completely empty. People come up to you and say so-and-so was holding your glass of beer 10 minutes ago. But, they never saw this person drinking it, even though they had no right to be holding it in the first place. Does this mean 100% that they drank it? Nope, but it sure as hell leads a convincing story as to what probably happened to it.

Now you see my point. You're right, I am angry. But you know what, life goes on.