sirius stock holders

Gergwheel1647545492

I doubt it will happen. Sirius is gaining market share/users anyway.

I'm very happy with my Sirius unit. I'm also finding out I'm paying LESS for Sirius than XM on how I use it.

XM is $9.99/month, Sirius is $12.95. But listening to Sirius online is free, as it is part of your subscription. If you want to do the same thing w/ XM, it is $3.99/month. Since I listen online (with the It's On Sirius 3rd party player), I am paying less than if I used that service on XM. I think Sirius marketing dept. is lacking though. :(

Honestly, I've used both, and they are both good services. Sirius is just a better match for me. My roomate and g/f both have XM, and both seem to like it.

I love my sirius, and i cant wait till stern gets on there. Anyone else heard anything about sirius using microsoft to do the hole video thing?

Yes they are gaining market share, they have something like 1.1 million listeners now and they are estimating that it will go to 2.5m by the end of this year. Problem is that they still havent turned a profit and probably wont for at least 2 years.

Originally posted by Shrek:

haha Howard Stern is going to hate it, he joined sirius to get away from XM's parent company clearchannel

The two companies have talked in the past about merging, according to the article, but the discussions never got to an advanced stage.

Companies talk all the time. With all of the $$ Sirius has invested recently, it would have to be a sweet deal for XM to buy them out. And probably won't be able to get past the anti-trust concerns. So no big worries for Howard IMO.

If Sirius stock goes back below 5.15, which Mel Karmazen bought it at, buy it. I sold my last share at $4.50 and I wish I would have held it, but live and learn. This will be worth some bank in the future, just trying to get in as low as I can again.

Originally posted by controler:

If Sirius stock goes back below 5.15, which Mel Karmazen bought it at, buy it. I sold my last share at $4.50 and I wish I would have held it, but live and learn. This will be worth some bank in the future, just trying to get in as low as I can again.

Word. I was planning to pick it up anywhere below 6. I was kinda bummed i lost out on making some cash on the initial Stern signing surge.

Originally posted by GonneVille:

Considering that Sirius is leaking plans to introduce a satellite TV service, I don't think they're going anywhere.

I don't think it's too bad to spend 300-400 bucks on some cheap stock that could possably turn out to be the closest thing to the next microsoft. If it folds, your not out a fortune. Considering Stern still has a Huge following in new york alone I think the company isn't a bad bet.