Club people

Buckeye23

I'm hearing that there's a new club opening downtown called Spice. Anyone have any information about it?

Also, any nice clubs(no tshirts, etc) around here that play good house/techno music? Spent a couple weekends in Chicago clubbing there, am now hooked.

graemlins/thumb.gif

Check out Toxic for house/techno. It's in the arena district, just down from Brothers/Gasworks. A fairly new club that's come under new management.

I believe that Spice is owned by the same folks, and I think that it's actually located near Toxic. Don't know much more beyond that.

Toxic didnt make good impressions opening night. They only had 1 (or 2 i forget) bartenders in the whole place, and the security was null... and some of the speakers didnt work so you could barely hear any music in the place.

Im assuming since then, theyve changed things around a bit.

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

Toxic didnt make good impressions opening night. They only had 1 (or 2 i forget) bartenders in the whole place, and the security was null... and some of the speakers didnt work so you could barely hear any music in the place.

Not a good way to get started. I'll still check it out.

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

Yeah, we were there last weekend, and they had more bartenders. Security seemed fine, too.

We also had the luxury of being in VIP and lounging on couches and what not, so I'm sure that made the experience a bit better than average... smile.gif

Toxic is a great place to go and chill with good techno/ house music. Dr Tilley and I will be throwing a party there sometime next weekend. 20-22. We will have a bunch of free passes to get in if you would like and there is suppost to be the battle of Dj's that night so good music is almost a guarantee.

Dance floor is big and there is enought bar room where you dont have to wait for 10 mins for 1 beer. VIP is by far the best in columbus. Its all upstairs with tinted glass to overlook the whole club. Has leather couches to lounge on and a bar up there to order from.

If anyone is interested let me or John know and we will shoot you some passes.

Originally posted by ZO-SICK:

If anyone is interested let me or John know and we will shoot you some passes.

Most definitely. This sounds way more like a club I would be interested in going to than Fahrenheit. Count me in.

EDIT: Shit this is the same weekend as ALMS at Mid Ohio. Just depends on what day it is and what's going on up at MO at that point. I hate when two things I want to do are on the same weekend/day. :mad: