Those wacky borderjumpers

copperhead

Bond says the sheer volume of immigrant-smuggling cases far exceeds the government's ability to prosecute all smugglers.
That right there is the problem. Those two Americans should have been arrested and had the book thrown at them.

It's the big picture. If we aren't paying to prosecute and curb illegal immigration, then we will be paying when it comes to other costs of allowing them in (health care, welfare, crime, etc.).

Perhaps shooting people crossing the border illegally on site would help curb this problem??

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

That right there is the problem. Those two Americans should have been arrested and had the book thrown at them.

It's the big picture. If we aren't paying to prosecute and curb illegal immigration, then we will be paying when it comes to other costs of allowing them in (health care, welfare, crime, etc.).

Perhaps shooting people crossing the border illegally on site would help curb this problem??

Shooting at people to scare them, sure. Actually shooting them, no. We definitely need to tighten up our borders though, they say thousands enter the US illegally every day! :eek: More security? Make it a barbed wire fence maybe? Electric fence? Spiked pits of doom on the other side? Lions, tigers and bears?

A terrorist from the middle east could fly to Mexico and could easily sneak into the US that way. I'm suprised our border security didn't get overhauled big time after 9/11. Of course they could also come by boat, I'm not sure how well they monitor ships along our coasts?

Good idea with the pinata though, I like that! :D