Aprilia RVS1000R? Comments?

Big Chief201

July Motorcyclist just did a shootout article between the RSV1000R & Buell 1125R that you might wanna read. Sounds like that bike's using a 10 year old Rotax engine. Buell has the new one.

Burke said the Priller motor was slow, but chassis & suspension was good. Carrithers pretty much hated on the whole package though. Says the ergos are cramped too. Article says high foot pegs will cramp anybody over 6'. Also says the tank feels high & wide & adds to whole bike feeling "top heavy"

Summary says......

"RSV is an acceptable performer but a bit past it's prime in terms of power output and handling prowess. Factor in the fact that the new bike costs $1,000 less than the old one, and the 1125R is the clear winner. Rotax--and Buell--have learned a lot in the 10 years separating these two engine designs. It's time now for Aprillia to catch up."

I agree with 'ya though.......That's one sexxxxy ass she's got!! ;) This is the last of their 10 year agreement with Rotax. Says they're developing their own V4 superbike in house.......So maybe hold off 'til next year, if you don't mind being a guinea pig???

any suggestions on what kind of bike I should get 750CC+ is what I'm looking for....... i like the GSXR750 but the tank felt to low but parts are cheap and easy to find...... I do like having a bike no one else has

You should get a Bimota.

Bimota Tesi 3D

Bimota Tesi DB7

Let me give you the low down on on the 04+ RSV1000R's........they flat out rock...

I think I can give you some special insight since I traded a 2002 Triumph Daytona 955i in on an 04 RSV1000R.

Have you ever ridden a V-twin sportbike? They are adictive as hell, I had a 2000 TLR which I sold for the Triumph (which was also a great bike) and frankly never was able to forget that V-twin punch. That is what led me to the Ape.

Here is my late 04 (traded for the B-king)

mpg_034.jpg

Don't let anyone tell you the Aprilia's are maintenance headache's....it's just not true. The Rotax V-twin is BULLETPROOF....end of story.

However, if you go with the Ape, be fore warned, your choice for service is VERY limited. Hinds is flat terrible, I wouldn't let them touch my bike if it was on fire. Which leaves Aprilia of Wooster....an hour away.

I assure you though, you will NOT regret owning a Mille. Everyone should own an italian motorcycle at leat once...and the Ape is a good one...

Also, I have never heard ANY bike sound as good as my Ape did with Tigcraft slip-ons...

whoa buddy... Only cause your my friend I will say this, you're not ready for a superbike and the money you spent to reapair your bike now.... psh nothing compared to what you're gonna pay for the ITALIAN ape. Spend a a few more seasons with Daytona.

I don't mean to put you out there, just don't want you to get hurt.

Article says high foot pegs will cramp anybody over 6'. Also says the tank feels high & wide & adds to whole bike feeling "top heavy"

FYI, I am 6'3" and 290.....I found it more comfortable than any of the other bikes I have owned except the King..

And

It would easily wheelie my fat ass.....

whoa buddy... Only cause your my friend I will say this, you're not ready for a superbike and the money you spent to reapair your bike now.... psh nothing compared to what you're gonna pay for the ITALIAN ape. Spend a a few more seasons with Daytona.

I don't mean to put you out there, just don't want you to get hurt.

This daytona's killin me! Its cursed I kid you not. I'm gonna keep doin the research on the bikes, that Bimoto is nice, so is the Ape. I may just end up with a GSXR750 or something around those lines and just throw the extra 5 grand i would from buying a Apr. into the aftermarket.

This daytona's killin me! Its cursed I kid you not. I'm gonna keep doin the research on the bikes, that Bimoto is nice, so is the Ape. I may just end up with a GSXR750 or something around those lines and just throw the extra 5 grand i would from buying a Apr. into the aftermarket.

Have you ridden a new japanese 600cc? Its plenty of power...my little RR doesn't have much trouble keeping up with the big boys until about 120...big deal.. Seriously though, test ride a new 600rr or something...you might be surprised.

Have you ever ridden a V-twin sportbike? They are adictive as hell, I had a 2000 TLR which I sold for the Triumph (which was also a great bike) and frankly never was able to forget that V-twin punch. That is what led me to the Ape.

+1000 on V-twin sportbikes being addictive.

I started with a 1999 TLR, and am currently on the RC-51.

I looked at an RSV, and a couple of Ducs... But the Honda won.

As far as what you should get is concerned:

KTM RC8!!!!!!!

I'm saving for mine now!

rc8-studio-300x400.jpg

2005-KTM-rc8.jpg

+1000 on V-twin sportbikes being addictive.

I started with a 1999 TLR, and am currently on the RC-51.

I looked at an RSV, and a couple of Ducs... But the Honda won.

As far as what you should get is concerned:

KTM RC8!!!!!!!

I'm saving for mine now!

rc8-studio-300x400.jpg

2005-KTM-rc8.jpg

Seriously, I've been eying that KTM for a while now....do you know when its going to be released?

Have you ridden a new japanese 600cc? Its plenty of power...my little RR doesn't have much trouble keeping up with the big boys until about 120...big deal.. Seriously though, test ride a new 600rr or something...you might be surprised.

I refuse to ride a honda...... If I get Jap It would be suzuki or yamaha... Theres too many options out there to really decide I'll prolly just decide on a whim at the stealership