Those Nigerians are at it again....

Guest Crankshaft

Guest Crankshaft

<font color ="midnightblue"> So.... I'm browsing e-bay, in the motors section, no less, and I come across a gem (or at least what I thought was a gem); a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 fully restored--we're talking pris-fucking-tine condition. Looks interesting. Check the price? $268.00!!! Warning bells go off in my head. So I e-mail the lady selling it, and add it to 'my watching' items. A couple hours later, I go to show one of my friends the car, and it's gone. It's disappeared from my watching items. I don't think much of it, and let it go. But then I get an e-mail from the 'lady' who was 'selling' it. Check it out.

<font color ="midnightblue">Hello Sir,

I am glad you are interested in my vehicle.

I want to let you know all the details about this deal so everything will work fine. Some words about the car: First of all the car is fully restored and looks just like in the pictures.It is in imaculate condition and has no scratch on and hasn't been involved in any accident.The motor runs very well. This is a classic car that has a lot of the original parts and the tires are almost new.The title is clear ,it is not a salvage one. The car belongs to my grandfather.He is very old and can't take care of it anymore.He put me to sell the car.I have legal documents by wich I can transfer the title to your name. The car is now in Italy as my grandfather lives here.He loves this kind of cars and he collected and restored them.The car is mostly garage kept and rarely used. Because I can't carry all his things back home I am selling them. I am willing to sell it and ship it to any of the EU countries or to US.I will not ship to any African,Asian or Eastern European countries.I know that the price is low but I have no use for the car and I want to get back home as soon as I sell it.I want to sell the car asap so I am willing to pay 65% of the shipping fees nomatter of the location .The company I'm dealing with '' European-Shipping'' offered us a disscount for the shipping, so I will support 65% of it and this is the main reason I want to use this company as a shipping service.You will not have to pay any additional taxes.Once again,you will not have to pay all the shipping costs, only 35% of it.

Delivery Estimated Time: 17-21 days

Price: $ 9,200- $3,000 prior to shipping - the balance after you receive and inspect the car.

Inspection Period:3 days

Shipping Service:'' European-Shipping'' (door to door)

Terms: I offer a complete customer satisfaction guarantee or your money back. This policy means, that if the vehicle is not as described then you may return it for a 100% refund. If the items are returned, they must be returned in the exact condition as shipped and it will return on my costs.

If the car is what you are looking for and if you agree with these conditions then I will be glad to close this deal with you. In order to end this deal I want you to deposit $3,000 to a Western Union agent,if you need more details about this please contact me.I prefer money order because in this way I will ship the car in the same day you make the payment.

I will be waiting your email.

Kindly Regards,

Jenny Phipps

graemlins/lol.gif

Got something similar to that. Was looking at a Ray Barton Hemi on ebay. Same deal, the item dissapeared. Now this engine is probably in the neighborhood of around $50,000 or more and the asking price was $3000. So I was skeptical but thought hey if its for real cool The guy emailed me and wanted the money Western Unioned to him also. HMM, not insureable. The item description said the guy was in Illinoise, so I told him Ill just come pick it up and pay him cash. He then tells me he is in Greece. So I email him back and tell him no problem Ill just book passage on a cargo ship and come and pick it up. He wanted no part of this. He emails me and asks me if I trust him and we needed to get this transaction done because he needed to get rid of the engine. So I emailed him and said no I do not trust you and if you want to sell it I will pick it up in person and pay you cash. Never heard from him again.

Guest Crankshaft

<font color ="midnightblue"> Here's my reply.

<font color ="midnightblue">Hello Jenny-

I certainly am interested in your vehicle- it's a beautiful machine. Those things fetch quite a hefty sum here in the US, I'm glad to have the opportunity of buying one at such a reasonable price. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I had a grandfather who was into cars as well, and went through a similar situation in which he developed a case of chronic eruptive colon--but I'll spare you the details. We had to sell the car in the end, so I understand your situation.

Now, I have a few questions. 17-21 days seems like a long time for shipping- is there any way you could have it here sooner? There's a car show coming up and I'd really like to have this beauty here for it. This is just a small matter, however, as I understand these things sometimes take a while. And what is the final asking price for the car? I haven't been able to check e-bay, it's not working on my computer for some reason, so I don't know exactly what's going on. I'd love to buy it from you, though, so if I'm the only buyer, that's terrific. Oh, and lastly, since I can't access e-bay, I can't see the pictures of it. Would you mind sending me some more pictures of the car? It really was beautiful, I'd just like to take another look at it, and see exactly what I'm buying. Thanks alot for your time.

Regards,

Frank Gunther

:cool:

Great reply.

I pulled a similar thing last summer. I found a Busa for $2200 in Indiana. Replied to the ad, and received nearly the same 15-20 days, Western Union BS story as above.

So, I said, "No need for all of that. I can be there in 3 hours with cash in hand. Get the title ready."

Never heard back from him/her. smile.gif

I have people e-mail me at work wanting to purchase stuff($1000.00 plus)if I ship it to Nigeria or England for them.They will of course pay with a credit card.I tell them I cannot take a credit card without a picture id and the card present but would be happy to sell them the items if they mail me a certified check and allow processing time.Thats the end of that.I usually get one of these e-mails every couple of weeks.I HATE thieves.

Yeah they just don't get it? Why not get a real job like the rest of us, arrive at work on time everyday, pay taxes like us, don't bomb or fly planes into our skyscrapers etc. Sometimes it seems the world around us is getting goofier by the day????? Hell just advertise on ebay, it's America - you'll find a sucker here & there? It's just FU - :mad:

Guest Crankshaft

<font color ="midnightblue"> so...I got a reply. This one was even better than the first.

Message sent from a miss "Jenny Phipps":<font color ="midnightblue">

Hello again,

The price I hope to obtain is $9,200 (this price includes the 65% shipping to your door and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction. As I've told you,in order to proceed with the deal I need a deposit of $3000.The payment must be done using a money order service.

I'm a fair trader with a very good feedback on ebay which is the proof that I have closed a lot of successful deals.

During this period I learned that the best deals are closed when the risk involved is minimum. You will arrange payment through Western Union.You receive and inspect the vehicle you have to send me the rest of the money.The inspection period for it is 3 days.

I have something safe for you because I want you to be sure that you will receive the vehicle and I hope we will collaborate in the future, too .

Look what I can do for you:

-you will make the transfer to my location but not to my name (you will use your best friends name for example as receiver's name) so you can be sure that I will not pick up the money until you get the car.So you make a deposit at western union and you will give me the transfer's details (SENDER NAME,RECEIVER NAME,MTCN) so I can check that the deposit was made .(this will take a few hours because I can check it on-line )

After I verify it I will send you the car immediately. Only after you will receive the car and check it if it is OK you will have to change the name of the transfer to my name so I can collect my money. So until you will have the vehicle in your hands the money will be deposited on your best friend's name at a Western Union agent.

I think it is better to not inform western union that you will change the receiver's name in a few days because it is possible they ask you to pay the fees twice (fees that are quite big for such an amount) also when you go to an western union office to make the transfer,please don't tell there the reason you send the money because here, in this country I must pay some additional taxes when I receive the founds.Please say you send the money to your friends or to your partner.

My old buyers of course make the transfer at Western Union directly to my name which is easier and I will be happy if you can trust in me but because it is our first deal. I proposed you this very safe and efficient method so you can only deposit the money first and after you get the car to allow me to cash it.

After you've completed the transfer you will receive a confirmation that will allow me to track the transfer.

Here are the details that I need:

-sender name and address

-receiver name will be me

-exact amount wired

-MTCN # (10 digits)

-if it is possible a scanned copy of the receipt format .JPEG for me to add to the files

As soon as the payment will be confirmed and the money properly sent, I will IMMEDIATELY proceed with the shipping .

I will ship the vehicle via Ocean freight insured and It will take 17-20 days until you will have it at your door. The payment is fully refundable if for any reason you do not accept the vehicle or if it has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised. I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you reject the vehicle but since it is a state of the machine and works and looks perfectly I think it would get to this. After you check the car and do all the tests with it you must send me the remaining part of the amount directly to my name.

Here is my name and address you need for the western union transfer:

First name: Jenny

Last name: Phipps

Address: VIA TOLEDO 210

ZIP: 80134

City: NAPOLI

If you agree with these terms,let me know and I will be more than glad to start and complete the transaction with you. Thank you and I hope that you will have the pleasure to drive this machine.

Kind regards,

Jenny Phipps

<font color ="midnightblue">

I've just responded with the following message.

Message sent by Frank Gunther:

Ms. Jenny Phipps-

How are you? I am glad to hear from you again, and hope you are well. I wouldn't want anything to happen before we complete this transfer!

Now, regarding the exchange of money, I have a few concerns. I've delt with people overseas before, and have learned to be very careful when sending large sums of money to people I'm not personally acquainted with. I am a very serious businessman, and I don't stand for any nonsense. Normally, I'm fairly easy-going, but when it comes to money, I don't play games. So, in order to be completely sure of who you are and to feel safe in sending you the money, I suggest that we meet here in the US. That way, I'll know for sure who I'm dealing with, and that I can trust you. If, however, this doesn't work for you, I am willing to settle for a photograph of you holding a sign with a designated code on it, so that I know for sure that you are who you say you are. I'm certain you'll understand my cautiousness in this matter; it isn't that I don't trust you--you seem like a very upstanding woman who knows what she's doing--but there are some people out there that give dealers like you an undeserved bad name. We have to have some sort of protection against that.

Beyond this safety measure, your agreement seems very acceptable. As soon as I receive some sort of confirmation from you, we can begin the transfer of funds and hopefully get this project underway. Oh, I almost forgot. Our original message was sent to my son's e-mail address (this one), and I would appreciate it (as would my son) if we could start sending them to my own e-mail address, which is frank_gunther@beenhad.com. Thank you for the consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,

Frank Gunther

:cool:

Oh yeah, and here are pictures of the 'car'.

http://img139.exs.cx/img139/4931/view2xc.jpg

http://img139.exs.cx/img139/149/view23lz.jpg

http://img139.exs.cx/img139/1457/view31sg.jpg

http://img139.exs.cx/img139/5609/view10za.jpg

Guest Crankshaft
<font color ="midnightblue"> lol, this is totally a scam. There is no car. I'm baiting her, I wanna see how much I can inconvenience her before the gag is up.

For those actually not in the know on anything pertaining to scams of this nature, anyone who has to go through Western Union is a SCAM. Western Union does not insure anything that you "buy" or send money for, where a credit card, Paypal, etc. does. If anyone ever asks you to pay for something via Western Union and takes no other method of payment, you can pretty much figure it's a scam. The only reason to pursue anything of this nature, would be to fuck with the person. graemlins/nod.gif

And you're doing a great job... graemlins/thumb.gif

And thats why it pays to know good english - so you can spot fucktards like this a mile away.

wonder if I can sell them a van.

Van for sale.

Holds lots of explosives.

Strong engine for running blockades.

Good bumper for smashing barricades.

Don't pass up this once-in-a-jihad opportunity.

Guest Crankshaft
<font color ="midnightblue"> I haven't heard from 'her' in several days- she hasn't replied to my last e-mail. I think she might know I'm scamming her, but hopefully not. I'll send her another e-mail in a few days and we'll see what happens.

It has to work sometime or they would stop doing it.I had a guy use 2 stolen credit cards at our place for parts.He had matching picture ID.When the office Mgr got the letter from Discover saying the card was stolen she brought it down to me and I said great he was just in and bought more parts,sure enough another stolen card.She said I needed to get a hold of him I was like good luck and about 10 minutes later he walked in the door to buy more parts.I called the Dublin Police(worthless idiots) who let him go because the cashier that witnessed him sign the receipts was not working and he could not hold him until she got there.The guy produced no ID, told the cops he had my parts but could not return them because he had allready started putting them on the car,but offered to pay with a credit card his friend would give us the number of over his cell phone.He stole $3000.00 in parts,told the cop he had the parts,produced no ID and was driving a rental car that was secured with,you guessed it,a stolen credit card.They towed the Rental car and gave him a ride off our property so he could wait for a ride home.That was a year ago or so.I recently got a call from the Franklin Co Court saying they had arrested him FINALLY but I would probably never see my money because HE HAD MULTIPLE CHARGES IN MULTIPLE COUNTIES.They'll let him out on bail and he'll go home to his country.

i posted this in another thread, but useful:

yeah, i almost went to jail in a similar situation. kinda funny story. guy bought my mountain bike on ebay for like $3k. sends me a bank check for $6.5k. i email him saying he sent too much. he said it was a mistake and asked me to send the rest back to him. all sounded fishy so i went to the bank the check was written from. yeah, sherriffs show up and handcuff me. they were arresting me for passing a stolen check. nice. after they confiscated my computer and kept me for six hours they finally let me go. i told the bank teller right up front that it all sounded fishy and that's why i was there. thankfully i didn't get fucked. here's how it works though:

say guy sends you money order or bank check for $10k to pay for item costing $4k. you deposit the mo/bc into your bank. providing it is from another bank then your's, it will clear. you then send the money on to the guy. then two weeks later, the deposit disappears from your bank. the bank it was written from realizes it was fake/stolen and retracts the money. you're left without the item, money, etc. it is an exploit of our wonderful banking systems. and these scams always come from other countries where it is legal to do so. the government cannot do anything about it except try to warn the public. nice.