haunted spots in Central OH.

Guest visualpoet

Guest visualpoet
Anybody know of any? I've been doing some research on the paranormal, and I've found a few spots I plan on checking out. The four cemeteries for the old State Mental Hospital, The Haydenville Tunnel and the Crop house in Pleasant Township if it's till there. (Supposed to be just down the road from Pleasant View Middle School, if anyone can let me know if it's still standing I'd appreciate it). If anyone knows any others, let me know. If anyone's interested in going along, let me know that too.

There's a cemetery, I believe from the civil war era perhaps even a war memorial cemetery. Never been in there but it's on the Westside of town on Sullivant Ave. just west of Hague Ave. Friends would all ways talk about it being haunted when I was growing up. Even if it's not haunted it looks like a cool historical place.

There used to be an abandoned house that I went to with some friends around one Halloween further west off of Columbus. Off of a road that's right off of Alton-Darby Rd. I believe. I've been to a couple of places like this but never one that spooked me like that one did. I think it's since been torn down but I'll ask around.

Guest visualpoet
There's a cemetery, I believe from the civil war era perhaps even a war memorial cemetery. Never been in there but it's on the Westside of town on Sullivant Ave. just west of Hague Ave. Friends would all ways talk about it being haunted when I was growing up. Even if it's not haunted it looks like a cool historical place.
Camp Chase I believe, said to be haunted by The Lady in Grey

There used to be an abandoned house that I went to with some friends around one Halloween further west off of Columbus. Off of a road that's right off of Alton-Darby Rd. I believe. I've been to a couple of places like this but never one that spooked me like that one did. I think it's since been torn down but I'll ask around
I think this is the Crop House on Kropp Road (don't ask, I can only figure that at some point the spelling of either was changed). If it still exists, it's just down the road from PVMS. I'd love to check this one out if it does still exist.

i've been to a couple 'haunted' places, some strange things have happened, but i still don't believe in ghosts.

i think it would be sweet to get a group and check out some spots, even some of the stuff on ForgottenOhio looks cool, even though it's been investigated, it still looks creepy.

I am planning on going to the Mansfield Reformatory this summer also. A couple weeks ago I tried to go to Moonville, but both paths were flooded. Also don't for get about Athens, Oh, one of the most haunted places in North America. When I couldn't go to Moonville a couple weeks ago I ended up going to the Ridges. Sweet place. You know there were some very tortured souls there.

nevermind, i just Googled it....that's the 'prison' from the Shawshank Redemption (one of my favorite movies)....those tours look badass....Jen, Berto, or whoever...when you guys plan on going PM me

Originally posted by punkrocker3_00:

You know there were some very tortured souls there.

Yeah the ridges is a weird place, very pretty, but unbelievable stories came out of that place.

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by Sapper98Z:

ha ha I know Andy (owner/ operater) of forgotten ohio

Tell him that Tony who he emailed with several months ago about Cheshire and Rendville still has the Cheshire article from the Plain Dealer. It's sitting here in my office. Would like to get it to him.