Scrabble

Fonzie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

la is a word. I checked it before I put it down.

hmm

moss

Yeah....It's French for "The". What English usage you comin' up with???

that's my lil sister's name

musty

Musty is your little sister's name?!? ;)

Old enough then!! :D

moist (i hate saying that word) You mean like how I make your panties?!? kiss.gif
noisy

That's 2 letters at once newby ;) Does anyone pay attention besides me?!? pokeit.gif

Main Entry: 1la audio.gif audio.gif Pronunciation: \ˈlȯ, ˈlä\ Function: interjection Etymology: Middle English (northern dialect), from Old English Date: before 12th century chiefly dialect —used for emphasis or expressing surprise

and we're at dusk, not moss..lol

That's 2 letters at once newby ;) Does anyone pay attention besides me?!? pokeit.gif

I saw it. but it wasn't used in the next set, so I ignored it.

Old enough then!! :D

Yep and I'm single...haha

I'll stop beatin up on ya magley. I don't like people talkin about my sister, I shouldn't do it.

duck

not a problem dustin, shes engaged...

anonymous sister hit-on's are fine by me... I do it to my friend jay all the time (but then again i actually know his sister)...

anyway

fuck:sex::sexytime::takeit::leghump:

Well then I'll go after her friends! lol

and umm Whodey...we've had some issues but i think we're where we're suppposed to be with words...

suck

Main Entry: 1la audio.gif audio.gif Pronunciation: \ˈlȯ, ˈlä\ Function: interjection Etymology: Middle English (northern dialect), from Old English Date: before 12th century chiefly dialect —used for emphasis or expressing surprise

And what was your source for this Duane? This is what I'm finding........

1) a la. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

...In the style or manner of: a poem a la Ogden Nash. French, short for a la mode de, in the manner of....

2) a la mode. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

...1. According to the prevailing style or fashion. 2. Served with ice cream: apple pie a la mode. French : a, in + la, the + mode, fashion....

3) a la carte. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

...ADVERB & With a separate price for each item on the menu. French : a, by + la, the + carte, menu....

Main Entry: 2la

Pronunciation: \ˈlä\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin, from the syllable sung to this note in a medieval hymn to St. John the Baptist

Date: 14th century

: the sixth tone of the diatonic scale in solmization

Think "Sound of Music" do re me fa so la ti

finally...

stock

This beautiful but very poisonous plant grows in moisty meadow-lands and woods; it will disappear when the ground is too dry.

It's also in webster's unabridged, and listed in american heritage..

When I type in "moisty" in American Heritage, this is all that comes up...under "musty". There is no entry on there for "moisty"........

1) musty. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

...dull. b. Out of date; antiquated. c. Out of use or practice; rusty. Alteration of obsolete moisty, from moist.musti·ly -ADVERBmusti·ness -NOUN...

I guess I'll give you the Webster's Unabridged......'Cause at this time I'm not payin' $25 for it or wasting my time for the "free trial"