Jimmy Dean - Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Hoop-D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, Jason.

People, take heed is what he said and go from there. I will be picking up a card/some cards tomorrow for CR to sign on Friday night. I'd appreciate it if you could make it out, and for whatever reason you can't but can on Saturday, lemme know here or through PM. I will make all attempts at being available for this.

Also, I will take donations in cash or check towards the purchase of a nice funeral arrangement of flowers for the Dean family. Once the weekend is over, I will get with Jason personally with the donations and we can figure out what we'll be getting with it. Again, I will keep CR updated as things come about. If you cannot make it out for whatever reason and wish to donate something, please send it to Jason at the address listed above.

Again, I'm proud of having such a great group of people to be around. There may be BS talked and the occasional bickering. But when the time comes, we always band togeter for the better of things.

Thanks everyone. And please keep Jimmy and his family in your prayers.

Originally posted by The_ Eyeball_ Of_ Fury:

Thanks for the info, Jason.

People, take heed is what he said and go from there. I will be picking up a card/some cards tomorrow for CR to sign on Friday night. I'd appreciate it if you could make it out, and for whatever reason you can't but can on Saturday, lemme know here or through PM. I will make all attempts at being available for this.

Also, I will take donations in cash or check towards the purchase of a nice funeral arrangement of flowers for the Dean family. Once the weekend is over, I will get with Jason personally with the donations and we can figure out what we'll be getting with it. Again, I will keep CR updated as things come about. If you cannot make it out for whatever reason and wish to donate something, please send it to Jason at the address listed above.

Again, I'm proud of having such a great group of people to be around. There may be BS talked and the occasional bickering. But when the time comes, we always band togeter for the better of things.

Thanks everyone. And please keep Jimmy and his family in your prayers.

Thanks Chief #1 Member ;)

Call me anytime on my cell listed above or home. Can also call me at the work number I PMed you...299-2144.

Thanks again Anthony..and everyone else!

I think in addition to the flowers for the funeral home, we should put the money toward something they could truly use...like baby formula, some of their bills, or just a single check for them to use as they feel necessary...at their discretion.

Originally posted by Old Dirty Bastard:

This has to be the saddest thing I ever read on this board and its a shame it had to happen to a stand up guy like Jimmy.I can't even begin to think what he and his family is going thru now my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family this is a very sad day.

im with him. thoughts and prayers for the family. thanks for bringing this to us, jason.

The story about this accident was in the Columbus Dispatch today:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Crash kills New Albany woman helping parents in Florida

By Dean Narciso THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

It was part of Frances Dean’s character, and her longtime career choice, to help strangers. So doting on those closest to her was only natural.

Last week, hearing that Hurricane Charley had ripped through her parents’ Port Charlotte, Fla., neighborhood, she packed up and drove with her son to help them.

That effort ended in tragedy Monday night when a car in which she and her parents were passengers was hit at an intersection where the street light was inoperable because of the storm. All three were killed.

Dean’s parents — Frank Weidman, 86, and Jean Weidman, 83 — died instantly when the 2004 Cadillac their grandson Carlton Dean III was driving collided with a car driven by a 74-yearold Florida man.

Mrs. Dean, 57, was critically injured and taken to a hospital. She died at 5 a.m. yesterday.

Carlton Dean, 31, of Reynoldsburg, was treated and released from the hospital.

The Florida man and a passenger in his car were injured.

A part-time receptionist for Worthington City Schools, Dean was the first person to greet those entering the district’s offices on E. Wilson Bridge Road.

"She was full of energy, enthusiasm,’’ said Assistant Superintendent Paul Cynkar.

"She always had a good word and a smile for everyone who came through our building.’’

Vicki Gnezda said Dean called her on Saturday to say she needed time off from work.

"I said, ‘You need to go take care of your parents,’ ’’ said Gnezda, Dean’s boss. "She was loved and will be missed.’’

Dean was a full-time administrative secretary for about 20 years before taking the parttime assignment.

The Weidmans also had been longtime Columbus-area residents before moving to Florida about 20 years ago.

Mrs. Dean graduated from Worthington High School in the 1950s and was married to Jim Dean for 39 years.

They were planning a trip to Hawaii to celebrate Jim’s 60 th birthday later this year, said Peri Kuppusamy, the couple’s nextdoor neighbor in New Albany.

"She is absolutely a nice person, sweet person,’’ he said.

The Deans have three adult children, Kuppusamy said.

Relatives had traveled to Florida and could not be reached last night.

"She was very loving and caring,’’ said Kyle Cahall, a New Albany resident and a former sonin-law of Mrs. Dean’s.

"She loved her grandkids beyond belief. It’s definitely a loss to the family. She was their center.’’

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

HEY EVERYONE...

Some updates on Jimmy (or Carlton...his secret hidden first name ;) ):

My wife, Heather (a.k.a. "Boxed In") and I picked up Jimmy and his wife (Joleah) from the airport late last night. Other than the obvious mental and physical exhaustion, Jimmy seemed to be doing "OK"...making a wise crack here and there and smiling at goofy shit I would say.

I stayed at his house until about 4 a.m. and lended my ear. Jimmy is banged/cut up and in quite a bit of pain...especially his back and the severe road rash...but his spirit seems strong and he was very happy to hear about CR and its support.

Jimmy seemed VERY excited at the prospect of some guys going up to Quantum Racing to help finish his 1G DSM. I talked to Bryon (Quantum's Service Manager) and he said that would be awesome...he had already been staying late after hours to work on it for Jimmy since he heard of the accident.

I think it would be very cool if we could get 3 to 5 guys to go up to Quantum in the evenings and knock this car out. Most of the big things are done, but a couple remain unfinished. There are also all the little things left from building a car from the ground up.

Stuff left to do...

- completion of engine wiring harness

- completion of AEM (EMS) installation

- exhaust fabrication

- dyno tuning

- street tuning

If you would like to help, please call me at 856-3150 (home) or 804-4166 (cell). I will compile a list and call Mark and Bryon at Quantum to see when we can all go up there and get started.

Thanks everyone...I know this makes Jimmy feel better!!!!!

I'm not a very good mechanic, But I'll spring for hot dogs and burgers for you guys while you work, and grill 'em for you. 323 2487 is my cell number if you guys are interested. I'm not trying to make this anything like a party, but just trying to give a little incentive for those more mechanically gifted than myself. smile.gif

Originally posted by The Vette:

Set aside all differences that CR and RC have and on behalf of the RC crew I would like to know what CR donates and I/we will match that for what ever reason.

Yup, let us know.

In the meantime, please pass on my deepest condolences. That's horrible, horrible stuff.