Is Ohio still producing the raised letter plates, or did I get a leftover??

Nitrousbird

I finally got around to renewing the tags on my Formula and my boat trailer (since the car will be on the road again soon, and I'm towing the boat back here this weekend).

The boat has been parked in a relative's barn for a year and a half, I didn't renew the tags last year. I discover that if you don't renew them within a year, you have to get new plates. Though I never liked the red/white/blue plates (my other vehicles have the previous tan/white plates), I REALLY hate these gay flat plates.

I get the new plate, and it's a raised letter plate. Mmmkay. I'm not complaining, but I was just wondering if I got a leftover or if there is still hope they will continue to produce the raised letter plates.

Guest BLACKBIRD99
I know the collector tags on the new plates(new as in after the bicentennial plates) are just painted on or whatever they're doing now. I think that goes for all of the post bicentennial plates.

Guest stevil
Originally posted by Gonzo:

Flat as in the lettering is flat or waht? I mean what's the difference between flat or non? Their still the same. smile.gif

No, the raised lettering is cool because it was hand made by an inmate of an Ohio prison! :D These new flat painted plates are made by computers, boring! graemlins/thumbsdown.gif