Go Kart/Shifter Kart info?

RedRocket1647545505

Well, since I wrecked my car, I've been pretty bored with nothing to do. So, I've decided to take on a mini project. Let me explain. I've got a 2001 Yamaha YZ426F dirtbike that I'm getting bored with, and don't have anyplace to ride it anymore. The motor on this bike is said to lay down 50rwhp. 5 speed, liquid cool. Pretty stout motor. The bike with dig a 4" deep rut in the ground WHILE doing a wheelie. Badass bike I guess is what I'm saying. What I want to do, is take that motor, and stuff it into a shifter kart chassis. Well, for the little research I've done, I've come to find out that these chassis are really frikkin expensive! I don't want it to be an all out race kart. I just want it to hold up, be able to do some crazy donuts, and dick with the occaisional streetbike. smile.gif I'd like to keep project costs under $500.

To the point. Do any of you guys know anything about shifter karts? Any good karting places around columbus? I'd attempt to build the chassis myself, if I could find some plans on how to build one. Anybody know of a rolling chassis for sale for around $500? Any info you guys can give me would be great.

Dunno if this will help but I noticed A sign up on east Broad for kart parts. When I say East Broad I mean very east, as in outside 270, past miejer and all that shit. It's just a house on the right side with a fairly large sign. The dude could be selling golf kart part for all I know... let me know how it turns out.

Guest Ponyfreak
I have a shifgter Kart that i am trying to sell. I want 1000$ for the chasis, two engines, and a shitload of tires. PM me if you are interested. I need to get rid of it.