1. 1. Which system

• PS3
    • XBox 360
    • Other (what and why)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want features and "future" get the PS3. I got it with my big screen for $100 off.... good games, good Blu-Ray player..... and good software upscaler for regular DVDs.

PS3 > 360 in terms of "features"

Plus, PS3 online doesn't cost anything

If you want features and "future" get the PS3. I got it with my big screen for $100 off.... good games, good Blu-Ray player..... and good software upscaler for regular DVDs.

PS3 > 360 in terms of "features"

Plus, PS3 online doesn't cost anything

If by future u mean for another 2 years maybe, than yes PS3 has the edge.

I guess I'll hold off buying into the whole Blu-Ray thing 'til it proves it's longevity. Most of you guys are probably too young to remember the laser disks & Beta Max of the 80's, or those ginormous old satellite dishes

This aint my first rodeo, and Blu-Ray's still too new for me to believe/buy into it being "the One"

ALL movie studios have dropped HD DVD in favor of Blu-Ray. Just like the last time Sony decided there was a need for a new format (DVD vs. Nintendo & Sega cartridges), Blu-Ray is here to stay

If you're really just looking for a DVD player, go with the PS3. HD-DVD has already been dropped and Blu-Ray is the winning format for High-Def DVD's. "...you can watch a large selection of HD movies for free." Where did you hear/see that? If you're talking about the content on LIVE, you pay for it, it's not free. Movies and stuff on there cost Microsoft Points, which you have to buy those points with money...

I voted PS3. I like the built in wireless, blue tooth controllers, Blu-ray player, free online gaming, and many of the games utilize the gyroscopic controllers (much like the Wii)

ALL movie studios have dropped HD DVD in favor of Blu-Ray. Just like the last time Sony decided there was a need for a new format (DVD vs. Nintendo & Sega cartridges), Blu-Ray is here to stay

disagree... flash memory is building soo fast, i think there will be a high definition solid state format within 5 years, optical drives will be obsolete...

they have 4 gig micro sd now, how long until a 50 gig flash drive comes along? then how long until it's WAY cheaper to produce than an optical disk?

blu-ray will die a quick death, because the novelty will wear off quicker than the price point comes down...

even if you can get a decent priced blu-ray player, who wants to pay $35 for "step brothers" in 1080P?

dvd will be around a long time, and may even outlast blu-ray because the cost/payoff isn't enough to warrant it for most movies...

disagree... flash memory is building soo fast, i think there will be a high definition solid state format within 5 years, optical drives will be obsolete...

they have 4 gig micro sd now, how long until a 50 gig flash drive comes along? then how long until it's WAY cheaper to produce than an optical disk?

blu-ray will die a quick death, because the novelty will wear off quicker than the price point comes down...

even if you can get a decent priced blu-ray player, who wants to pay $35 for "step brothers" in 1080P?

dvd will be around a long time, and may even outlast blu-ray because the cost/payoff isn't enough to warrant it for most movies...

Doubtful. The cost/price ratio of Flash tech is too high. Additionally, flash cards have an infinite life cycle. Yes, they DO and WILL die on you eventually. Also, how many different formats are out there? Probably about a dozen. You thought HD vs Bluray was bad......

Flash has potential, just not in this generation.

VHS hung on and put in the good fight against DVD, up until DVD burners became affordable. Blu-ray/DVD burner combo drives are becoming the norm in the computing world, and that will eventually mean that blu-ray burners will be everywhere. When that happens kiss your DVDs goodbye. I'm thinking it's going to be 5+yrs, but it's coming.

I have all three systems.

X-box 360, red light death sitting in the box

Wii - sitting in the box with the best game made for it, Wii Sports, which comes with the system

PS3 - bought primarily as a Blu-ray player, but seriously, for the price of the system, package it with cables that will support it's capability.

I have all three systems.

X-box 360, red light death sitting in the box

Wii - sitting in the box with the best game made for it, Wii Sports, which comes with the system

PS3 - bought primarily as a Blu-ray player, but seriously, for the price of the system, package it with cables that will support it's capability.

xbox - send that fucker back in

wii - get wii party 2 (fucking sweet!)

pirate ur movies.... i kid i kid no seriously...

WoW = World of Warcraft

/played = displays your real life time playing the game on a single character, without getting deep into it I had over a day of my life playing 1 level 70 character, I had 4 level 70's on said account, I thought it to be a bit excessive for having only played maybe 8 months.

Get the xbox 360. Its better then the Wii and PS3. I have all the systems. Plus xbox 360 is coming out with its new motion sensor that makes the Wii look like childs play. Its more advanced and 10 times better graphics. Its more powerfull then the wii. Stick with xbox live and facebook and netflix hooked up with xbox live. I work at a gamestore and PS3 games don't even sell if that same game is on the 360. Just my thoughts.

Get the xbox 360. Its better then the Wii and PS3. I have all the systems. Plus xbox 360 is coming out with its new motion sensor that makes the Wii look like childs play. Its more advanced and 10 times better graphics. Its more powerfull then the wii. Stick with xbox live and facebook and netflix hooked up with xbox live. I work at a gamestore and PS3 games don't even sell if that same game is on the 360. Just my thoughts.

explian this motion sensor!

and facebook on my xbox???

explian this motion sensor!

and facebook on my xbox???

ok it was announced at e3 this year. Not sure when it will come out but by fall or next year.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/digitaljoystick/archives/170072.asp

It looks awesome and the facebook might be cool.