Cell Phone Users (everyone), text message question

Razorback

Do cell phone companies count you RECEIVING a text message as one of your text messages for each month, or only the ones you yourself SEND? I was under the impression only the ones you SEND out yourself are counted against you? I'm with Verizon if it makes a difference.

Thanks very much.

Ya.. PS

Sprint fu(king sucks for text messaging.. Im getting tired of logging onto their slow ass, broke half the time, pathetic excuse for "web" just to download my damned text message..

Im about to change companys just to get a text service that isnt retarted

Guest Harris92
That sucks they charge you for both, becuase you cant help it if someone just sends you one. It ends up costing you twice as much. Im with dave on the flat fee thing. Sounds like a much better idea graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Harris92:

That sucks they charge you for both, becuase you cant help it if someone just sends you one. It ends up costing you twice as much. Im with dave on the flat fee thing. Sounds like a much better idea graemlins/thumb.gif

You dont have to read it.

Originally posted by Assured Risk:

You dont have to read it.

? Well my phone still receives it though, whether I read it or not, it hits my inbox...I really don't think that's fair that they count messages received against you. I've had people I don't even know text me from other area codes and I knew it was someone typing the wrong # in but I still get blasted for it. Pretty gay.

Originally posted by Razorback:

? Well my phone still receives it though, whether I read it or not, it hits my inbox...I really don't think that's fair that they count messages received against you. I've had people I don't even know text me from other area codes and I knew it was someone typing the wrong # in but I still get blasted for it. Pretty gay.

I was told it dosent count unless you open it and read it.

t-mo counts both as well. we currently have 3 plans. 300 for 2.99, 1000 for 6.99, or unlimited for 9.99.

and a whole slew of things with keyboards on them. :D

oddly enough, our pre pay phones only get charged for sending, not receiving.

[ 04. January 2005, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Orion ]

Originally posted by The Anti-Rice:

I have sprint and had NO problems. Text messaging works flawlessly

I was with Sprint for 5 years with no problems either..

In response to text messsaging.. I'm with Verizon now and I couldn't believe the costs to send/receive IMs. Thank god I can at least get on WAP sites for free.

I HATE text messaging. It's freaking gay; if you want to talk to me, call me. Otherwise, leave me the fawk alone.

The supervisors at work use it a lot to send messages out to all of the techs; this is the one time where I find it to be the proper use of text message, as they can't just simply call all of us individually. But 1 message to 1 person is just stupid.