PC issues.. AGAIN

Buck531

Ok.. got a new MB from new egg. (had to RMA the last one). Got a new CPU from Jason (Drop top). Plug the shit all in. Boots up. Yay. Still showing only a 1500+ cpu when it's a 2100+.

Change the dip switches. Comes up as 2100+.. sweet. Fucking locks up in the bios. Nothing.

Flash bios.. no change.

Basically.. it keeps lockign up. I did move the memory to the 3rd slot and it actually booted to windows. Clicked on IE, rebooted. Now I'm just pissed.

Jason said to get some thermal compound. I guess I could try that tomorrow.. but would that cause severe issues? I mean, it works fine when it's set at 100 FSB and 1500+ mhz. only when I switch it to 266 is when it takes a crap. the memory is DDR 3200. which is new from Newegg as well. Could it be that? The memory?

Right now i'm just lost. Any OTHEr ideas? I've probably already tried them.

I did read the newegg replies to this board. One guy did say that his memory on his 1700+ only worked at 2700 and not 3200. Where would I change that at?

TIA.

power source? thats my problem right now with similar symptoms

New motherboard uses more power than my old one and my current power source can't handle it at full bus speed, but once i slow it down to 100mhz everything works great. If i unplug anything i don't need from the power source and boot it up it works fine at full bus speed.

It could be faulty memory which is likely, however the other issue could be heat. Try puting some thermal compound under the heatsink first and see if that helps, otherwise check the RAM.