info!

Guest 00Smurf

Guest 00Smurf

no nothign illegal just wondered what people thought of the idea. i think it is an interstind alternaive to over crowded prisons. but it also raises a big brother issue?

your thoughts?

Originally posted by 00Smurf:

no nothign illegal just wondered what people thought of the idea. i think it is an interstind alternaive to over crowded prisons. but it also raises a big brother issue?

your thoughts?

Alright, I'll let it roll.

If anyone posts any info on how to disable such devices, you will risk my swift and terrible retribution. Don't piss me off.

On a related note, I think that the death penalty should be abolished. Anyone sentenced to life with no chance of parole should be used for medical studies or have their brains wiped and be turned into infantry for our army.

Anyone not sentenced should be tossed in prison and treated like - prisoners. Fucking prisoners live better than a significant portion of Americans. Fuck this house arrest shit, lock them in a concrete room with a toilet and bread/water.

Guest 00Smurf
i dunno if anyone hear has been in jail? But 95% of the people, all they talk about is how to be better criminals or how not to get caught the next time. kinda defeats the purpose of prison. There need to better ways to rehabilitate them. I constant monitoring is one way. HOw many peeps would comit a crime if there whearabout are known all the time?

I think that the other thing that needs mentioned here is that screwing with a house arrest tracking system will get you introduced to Bubba very quickly. And if you think being locked in your house is bad, Bubba, while assisting you in becoming non anal retentave, and releaving you of the need to squat to shit, will show you that there are worse things than house arrest.

Now as far as the technology, it's not new, there have wearable recording devices used in the medical field for a long time to monitor patients heart function and a host of other things. This is simply recording GPS locations and then feeding them to the officials that have placed you in semi controlled custody. Basically this is for someone that is under house arrest that has work rights. They get a route mapped out, via GPS and a location of you work and put it into the computer. Then if the recorded information deviates from the inputted information they look at it more carefully. If you drove around traffic, they will tell you to not do that again. If you are across town, or found to be in a location that it off limits, they simply lock you up in the gray bar hotel.

Now as far as fucking around with it in real life, don't. You can believe that there are precautions in place that make it pretty much unhackable for all but the most elite of hackers and getting caught, well re-read the above explanation if that happens. You have to remember that screwing with these things is no different than staging a jail break. ANd a jail break in Ohio I beleive is a 15 yr sentence, mandatory. IS it really work it to share your soap with bubba for the next 15 yrs????

Guest 00Smurf
Originally posted by desperado:

ANd a jail break in Ohio I beleive is a 15 yr sentence, mandatory. IS it really work it to share your soap with bubba for the next 15 yrs????

jail break afaik is 3-5 years. they consider it felony escape.

3-5 years is a really long time, and then when you get out how do you get a job? I just met a guy when I was in Florida who had just gotten out of jail for rape which he didn't commit, the girl who sent him there's mom finally told them the truth and he was let go, 19 years of his life gone.

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by pgsrt-4:

3-5 years is a really long time, and then when you get out how do you get a job? I just met a guy when I was in Florida who had just gotten out of jail for rape which he didn't commit, the girl who sent him there's mom finally told them the truth and he was let go, 19 years of his life gone.

Its stories like this that I hate hearing about, it just makes me cringe. This guys life (at least any career he hoped to have) is completely ruined. Its the downward spiral of felons, you do the time, but when you get out your still fucked, because most company's arent going to want to hire somone who has spent the last ten years of their life in prison.

Well he will be able to get a job because he stayed in jail for an extra year to get his record wiped clean, he had to stay for another year becuase thats how long the trial took to get his record wiped. He was a really nice guy too, which really sucked.

Guest Harris92
At least now he will have a clean record, but that is awful. I heard a similar story last year about a guy sent to jail for murder, and he spent something like fifteen years, before they matched DNA with the guy who really committed the crime :rolleyes: