Pain behind the Eye?

Browning

Any of you ever get a real sharp pain behind either of your eyes, or know what may cause it?

About twice a month, I get a sharp, piercing pain behind my right eye. It hurts to keep it open, it hurts to shut it. The pain last about 30 minutes every time. Just to give you an idea of the level of pain that this brings to me. I have found myself a couple times, sitting on the floor because it makes it gets worse when I move around. Anybody ever get this?

I had something like that when I was younger that would basically cripple me. If your sensitive to light you might need to get a spinal tap to make sure you dont have spinal meningidist(sp!!??!)

There are two types fatal and non.

Guest infamous me 235

Migraines = Death

I used to get around 2 Migraines a month where I HAD to be laying down in complete darkness and complete silence or it would just make me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry. :eek:

When I was younger, they thought I had a brain tumor because I got them so often and of how bad they hurt.

My wife has a psuedo-tumor; it's where the body thinks it has a brain tumor due to other conditions. She has crystals forming on her optic nerve and her body was producing too much cerebral fluid. She DID have to have a spinal tap to release some of the pressure (spinal fluid does not go away), and she was on medication to reduce the symptoms. Her symptoms were dizziness and loss of vision (temporary), but eye pain is another. Talk to your doctor, unchecked this condition can cause permanant vision loss.

Guest GSRchick714

Could be just migraines but it could be something else. I get migraines all the time and usually any medicine I take is over the counter and does nothing...they suck :(

But I'd say go to the doctor for sure just to check that you're ok!