Abandoned car?

Guest 00Smurf

Guest 00Smurf
On the way to lancaster off of 33. there is an old car lot up for rent. been that way for a while 5+ months. There has been this car on the lot for over a year hasnt moved or anything, i've tried to contact the old owner of the car lot or whoever is renting it. but to no avail. is it possible to get this car? what would i have to do in order to aquire it, legally of course? thanks in advance.

Guest 00Smurf
Originally posted by HooberSi:

It's an MK3 Supra, I don't remember if it has the 3rd tail light, but it's flooded inside with belongings and just sits there.

its an 89, excellent body, but the targa is leaking so int is shot. form my examination of the engine bay it looks very clean.

Guest GSRchick714
Call the BMV...normally I think you have to have a court order or something like that (not really sure) IF its on your property. But since its not on your property you'd probably just have to talk to them and see what to do.... :confused:

Has to be on *your* property for I think 6 months, and you have to be able to prove it, otherwise if you try and move it it's theft. There's a lot more to it than that, but since the car is not on your property, you can't go that route anyway.

You should be able to go to the DMV with the license plate number or VIN and track down the last known owner, and see if they want to sell it.

That's the only *legal* way to get the car. I'm sure you could come up with something else on your own, but I highly recommend against it.

If you get the vin number I can get you the owners name, address and phone number. pm me

You don't really want to do the whole abandoned car thing through the bmv. It's a ton of b/s and waiting. You have to provide a written **Notorized** document on "how you acquired the car". Wait for the bmv to contact the owner and then for them to contact you. It's just easier to track down the owner yourself.

Guest 00Smurf
Originally posted by girlygirl18t:

If you get the vin number I can get you the owners name, address and phone number. pm me

You don't really want to do the whole abandoned car thing through the bmv. It's a ton of b/s and waiting. You have to provide a written **Notorized** document on "how you acquired the car". Wait for the bmv to contact the owner and then for them to contact you. It's just easier to track down the owner yourself.

will do. i'll have it tom and PM you. thanks for the offer.

Guest 00Smurf
Originally posted by Assured Risk:

You would have to get ahold of the current owner of the car.

so woudl it be the person who sold it to the now defunct car lot or the owner of the car lot?

who ever currently holds the title. If it was on the car lot for sale by the car lot, then more than likely it is in the car lot's/owner's name. I can find the name and address of every person/dealership that has had that car titled. pretty much more information than you would ever need.