I think I'm gonig to be sick

JaSSon

Originally posted by Redneck Racing:

I just used my drivers license to pay at the pump and got free gas. :confused:

You use Meijer gas? :D

The Sunoco on Main St. in Reynoldsburg has it for $1.99/gallon for 94. It's always cheaper than their 93 for some reason...

There are 2 stations on/near campus, one of which usually has the "Managers special" at any given time. Meaning all octane ratings are the same price.

I paid 1.86 for 93 all last week. Im waiting for another to fill again.

Originally posted by HIgh Risk:

Meijer>BP, less additives.

I agree; who wants those pesky cleaners, anyway? Those additives keep your combustion chambers clean, and prevent you from having to switch to a higher octane fuel down the road (Octane Requirement Increase - people should learn about this). This is a point that next to noone ever considers when bitching about paying for 'premium' quality fuel (i.e. Shell, BP, Mobil) when they can save 1-2 cents a gallon at department stores.

An interesting news article -

"Second incident in several weeks"

NEWARK, Ohio -- Meijer officials are seeking consumers who purchased diesel, premium or midgrade fuel at a company gasoline station in Newark, Ohio, last Wednesday after a fuel “mixup.” This is the second such incident for the grocery chain this month. Two weeks ago, as reported in CSP Daily News, a supplier mistake resulted in some customers at the Midland, Mich., Meijer fueling station putting the wrong fuel in their vehicles.

In Newark, Meijer's fuel supplier inadvertently filled the station's premium unleaded fuel holding tank with diesel fuel and vice versa, said spokesperson Steve VanWagoner. Regular unleaded fuel was not affected by the mistake. Only diesel, premium and midgrade fuel were affected.

By Thursday evening, about 21 motorists had called Meijer to inquire about the mixup, according to the store.

Meijer has contracted with three local auto service shops to help car owners check out the vehicles, though the owners are free to go to a shop of their choice, said Meijer store manager Randy Roberts. Motorists will be “fully reimbursed” for repairs that are needed, he said. “We will work with them individually.”

Originally posted by Redneck Racing:

I just used my drivers license to pay at the pump and got free gas. :confused:

watch out, they can track your liscense when you do that, there finding people that are doing that and charging them for theft.

When you adjust for inflation, gas was $2.94 in 1981.

Current prices suck, but it only hits so hard because we have had it so good for so long. Many countries have been paying the equivalent of $4-$6 / gallon for many years.

http://www.chartoftheday.com/20030827.gif