Nextel Camera Phone Help

Guest 1QWKEVO

Guest 1QWKEVO

i just got the nextel camera phone a few days ago and i couldnt find the "mail motha fucka" sound clip by mr t from eurotrip off the phone downloads, so i recorded it with my phone hoping i could set it as my voicemail and netmail ringer but not sure how or if i can......

can anyone help me?

Don't know about that. But for Sprint phones I can convert songs to the format nessesary for the phone, upload it online, then send the link via text message or email to the phone. Then the phone downloads it so you can set it as a ringer. Not sure if your phone works the same. Try google it then see if there are instructions on how to.

Originally posted by AustinL911:

I believe the ring tone has to be wav. format. Look up a program called 'webjal' or something like that. My friend has a setup to put songs and stuff on his phone and I think this is what he uses.

Please be careful what version of Webjal you download. Webjal requires folks that "own" the program to buy updates to make it work correctly on new phones, with new software. Many of the "free" versions don't have software that will do the things you need it to do.

Tom

Guest 1QWKEVO

ok so so i found out you can email files to your phone, so i emailed the file, it didnt work, then i noticed the other audio files were either mp3 format or midi. so i converted the file from wav to mp3 and tried to re send, ive tried 4 times with 3 different email accounts and my phone has yet to receive them, so im gettin frustrated....

Tom...i can put the file on cd, but itd be silly to put a 5k audio file on a 750 meg cd! lol, if you can help me out then i will add a few other songs because i couldnt find a few others either, hell maybe you can just give me a crash course on the i860 sometime! thatd be awesome

Thanks Guys I appreciate it a lot!!

Guest 1QWKEVO
5k shouldnt be too big, the other ring tones are bigger....well i got the webjal thing to work but didnt have the right date cable drivers or something then all of a sudden the webjal stopped workin, said it couldnt get a file from the server or something, then i tried to uninstall it and it couldnt find the uninstall.xxx file, i forget what it said, but it was right next to it, but i dled just a copy of the webjal folder so it was lookin for a folder in the C: drive that i didnt have there so i tried creating the folders it gave me in the error message and it still didnt work, so now i cant re install or uninstall it and im screwed again!! lol

Guest 1QWKEVO

ok i dled myjal and it looks the same as webjal...installedthe usb drivers and tried connecting to the phone and it said it couldnt receive required info from the phone and to check the connection and retry, so i did and the same message came up...i checked the FAQ on myteam and it said some of the possible problems is the drivers not installed, which they are...that the bat is too low, its full strength....or a damaged data cable, this thing has sat in my desk since i got with the gps pack they sent to everyone....

so still no luck