aww skeet skeet skeet skeet

Prodeje79

Not a lot of talking going on in this forum.

Here is something to read if you are bored. :>

Apparently you cannot have your skeet shotgun in your senior pics.

http://www.wftv.com/education/3804944/detail.html

LONDONDERRY, N.H. -- The school board has voted to ban a photo of a student from the senior section of his high school yearbook because he is posed with a shotgun.

Londonderry, N.H. senior Blake Douglass posed with his shotgun in this photo he submitted for his high school yearbook photo released by his attorney Penny Dean.

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1013/3804959.jpg

Penny Dean, Douglass' lawyer, said she intends to file a complaint in U.S. District Court, and said the National Rifle Association will pay for the court case.

Good. I think that it might be different if he was posed in some kind of threatening posture, but in the traditional sportsman's pose? Come on. Oh well, at least he's got the NRA's backing.

What a bunch of douchebags! graemlins/thumbsdown.gif Maybe next they'll go after cops and soldiers, and ban images of them with weapons from print ads, TV, and movies. :rolleyes: That's probably like the 1 kid out of 1000 at his school that knows how to properly use a gun, and has shown himself to be responsible with it. Very sad. Bush better win this election.

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:

What a bunch of douchebags! graemlins/thumbsdown.gif Maybe next they'll go after cops and soldiers, and ban images of them with weapons from print ads, TV, and movies. :rolleyes: That's probably like the 1 kid out of 1000 at his school that knows how to properly use a gun, and has shown himself to be responsible with it. Very sad. Bush better win this election.

plus eleventy billion!!!!!

You think that he spoke with the school's administration about bringing the weapon to school for picture purposes? The mere fact that he is still a student there implies that the administration had to have known that the pose was going to include a firearm. Otherwise, he would have been expelled / arrested for bringing a firearm onto school grounds.

its probably a senior picture that a private company takes pictures, i took a senior pic with a rifle in high school, its just retarded, i guesss i can see where they might be coming from cause after this thugs might try to pose with thier mack 10's and shit and when they say they can't post it, they will say well you posted his picture, kind of a grey line there, but they should have the balls to tell people it is is hobby and a resposible one so they should let it

Originally posted by a Car Enthusiast:

i guesss i can see where they might be coming from cause after this thugs might try to pose with thier mack 10's and shit and when they say they can't post it, they will say well you posted his picture, kind of a grey line there

I guess that is true, could cause alot of problems. But if a thug wants to pose all gangsta with his gun, then I guess that will just help police identify troublemakers and gang members... they will be watched like a hawk. People doing legal things shouldn't be punished because it might be taken out of context. And if people involved in illegal activities want to make it public, then I say go for it so we all know who they are.

The only thing I can think of as far as this goes...

Perhaps if they let one student do it, then they have to either set very specific guidelines, or let anyone pose with a gun. That would open things up to quite a bit of questionable posing, not to mention even more possible lawsuits, in which case it is easier and better on the students to just not accept poses with any sort of material that is not allowed in school. While it seems unfair in this instance, it may be better for everyone in the long run.

The kid wanted his picture posted in the yearbook in a community events section. It just so happens that he enjoys skeet shooting. This isn't a crime ridden sport, if anything it shows useful ways to employ our right to keep and bear arms.

I doubt they have a community event where people stand around all thugged out pointing their 9 gangsta style.

This kind of crap really pisses me off. When I was in Minnesota, it wasn't unusual for someone to bring a shotgun or rifle to school, if they where hunting after class. I took my 12Guage to school all the time, on the bus, and walked some good hunting trails home.

Guest riggs867
Originally posted by Mensan:

The only thing I can think of as far as this goes...

Perhaps if they let one student do it, then they have to either set very specific guidelines, or let anyone pose with a gun. That would open things up to quite a bit of questionable posing, not to mention even more possible lawsuits, in which case it is easier and better on the students to just not accept poses with any sort of material that is not allowed in school. While it seems unfair in this instance, it may be better for everyone in the long run.

Let's just say some moron thinks it is cool to put on a baxetball jersey, sweat band, hold their gat rotated 90 degrees to the left and throw a gangsta sign for the camera. That's not illegal either (assuming their parent / legal guardian is present at the photo shoot). You might be able to make a stronger argument for "inappropriate", but that is a pretty subjective thing.

Personally, I don't think we should say a thing about stupid people behaving stupidly. Just let them do their thing, observe, take notes, and prosecute / persecute when the right time comes. This is a fundamental component of freedom.

I think they might as well let anyone take senior pictures with their guns whether it be a nice sophisticated photo like that guy's up there, or some idiot gangster with a gat. Because when their older, the 'gangster' will look at that picture and be ashamed, and this kid will look at that picture and be proud. So I'm saying just let them do what they want, because it'll make them suffer in the future to feel like an idiot about having a retarded looking senior photo. The End.