taxes and buying cars out of state....

black00ws6

I got the escalade and cobalt in Indiana, so they sent me 2 checks to pay for state taxes. I took them to the BMV and they said I had to deposit them into my account, then send them to the state. Does this sound right? Does the check get made out to the state of Ohio, and what all do I include in the letter along with the check? I'd rather go somewhere to pay for taxes so if anyone has info, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

John

You should be able to pay the DMV. You can deposite the checks into your checking account. Then go to the DMV when you're doing title work. Then pay the taxes when they see the title work with the price on it. That's the way I've always done it. You might want to call another DMV to be sure.

You can go to the bmv and pay it. Deposit the checks, wait for them to clear then go in and pay. Indiania is only a state over I don't know why they didn't just charge you state taxes.

I have bought cars in Virginia and I live in Maryland and I paid the taxes when I bought it in Virginia.