Window smashed out last night!

martindc1

I was driving west bound on Sciota-Darby right around Walcut and Leap when my rear passenger side window in the F150 got smashed out. When I got home I looked and it appears someone threw a big clod of mud/rocks at my truck as I was driving by. It just sucks. If anyone has any info let me know. Looks like more hard-earned cash wasted on something stupid.

I haven't called the insurance company yet because I had to work early this morning so maybe when I get home I can get the ball rolling on that shit.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Why didn't you stop?? I definately would have, at least in an area like that, which isn't really a high crime area.

True. I really didn't know WTF happened at first. I didn't stop for two reasons though: 1. My breath was a little high in alcohol content 2. It was so loud I thought for a second I got shot at. If I knew then what I know now I would have stopped.

It just sucks because this is going to be at least a full days work down the toilet. Having a $1000 deductable won't really help me out that much. It just seems like some people have no respect for what others work hard for.

Originally posted by 10xworse:

You know, I felt sorry for you at first but now you're pretty much just a dumbass.

I wasn't drunk or anything but I was close enough to the legal limit that I didn't want to get myself in trouble. I had 3 drinks in a little over 3 hours which is roughly legal but I didn't want to risk it.

I really should have stopped but I kind of paniced. Shit happens though.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was drunk driving, basically I had less than one drink per hour but I just wanted to get home because I am not sure how that would translate into the legal limit. It would have made a bad situation if I would have stopped and been slightly over and assaulted some minors. I was in a little bit of a panic state as well because it was so loud and sudden that I thought I got shot at so I got the hell out of there and called the cops because I didn't want it to happen to any other cars.

Anyways, does anyone have any advice for me? Or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and drop the dough on this? I have already made an insurance claim but since I have a $1000 deductable its not going to help.