Team Z06...

Dr. Pomade

Originally posted by ZO-SICK:

stock ZO6 will put down anywhere from 350-370rwhp. And another reason I didnt sign up for cofba day is work owns me right now. Plus I just got the car 2 weeks ago and it doesnt even have 4k miles on it yet...

werd. 3,000 miles here, and tomorrow marks 2 weeks of ownership. I ain't racing it yet.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest racinbird
For whoever was curious about traction control power loss, the computer will continue to retard timing and cut throttle until traction has been made/even

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by racinbird:

For whoever was curious about traction control power loss, the computer will continue to retard timing and cut throttle until traction has been made/even

That was me. I was just wondering. So I would assume from a 35 mph roll or a dig that would be along time on a Z06 with stock tires.

Either way, if there are still some stock ones left when I get back from tuning I'd be interested in running one. With or without traction control.

Originally posted by ScoobySnack:

So I would assume from a 35 mph roll or a dig that would be along time on a Z06 with stock tires.

Well, it cuts power for, I'd say, at least a full second, which is plenty of time for an evenly matched car to jump a car or so on you. Do that through three or four gears, and that's a lot of time you're giving up.

Either way, if there are still some stock ones left when I get back from tuning I'd be interested in running one. With or without traction control.

I'd be glad to run you, and I'm still stock.

Guest racinbird
I would imagine turning off the TC and easing into it rather than jabbing the thorttle down would work. It has saved my azz more than once but I would never run with it on. I loose traction anytime in first egar with my power and stock tires, but 60ish more rwhp with larger better tires would be interesting to see.

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by Cap'n Kickass:

Here is one situation where you alone will be made to look like an ass. Not me. tongue.gif

;) I don't get it.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

I'd be glad to run you, and I'm still stock.

Well it may be almost a month before I can get my car back together. You still plan to be stock then?

;)

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

]I'd be glad to run you, and I'm still stock.

Well it may be almost a month before I can get my car back together. </font>Back together? What're you doing to it that you're not mentioning?

Guest lownissan

If he intends to "walk on a z06" he is replacing everything from the front license plate to the rear license plate with something fast

Please don’t ask me to race either. My truck is not fast, nor did I claim it to be fast. I just like to read the post and make a smart ass reply when I get the chance. With no harm intended that is.

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by Cap'n Kickass:

Back together? What're you doing to it that you're not mentioning?

A 300 shot of nitrous.

im slow - you have no idea what your talking about. ;)

Well it may be almost a month before I can get my car back together. You still plan to be stock then?

Would you believe me if I told you yes? smile.gif

Originally posted by gearhead559:

can i play 2 guys (no its a 5.0 with big valve covers) :confused:

Sure.

ive got a new front license plate cover, so i have to be faster than a z06, right?

john, we gots to go. youre the only z06 owner on here that i trust not to redneck me off the road when i beat you.*

*insert grain of salt here.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Would you believe me if I told you yes? smile.gif

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gearhead559:

can i play 2 guys (no its a 5.0 with big valve covers) :confused:

Sure.</font>How bout me can I join in the fun?