Plumbing tools?

Guest doggunracing

Guest doggunracing

I have a tub drain that gets f'n clogged every 3-6 months. We've had a plumber come out 3 times and every time they say it should take years to clog up. Well, guess what? It's clogged again. Only good thing is it's a rental house and we make the landlord pay for it because she won't replace the rusty cast iron crap. I think they're getting pissed about it, but still won't fix it.

So, to avoid another 5 minute, $100 cleaning by Joe Plumber, does anyone have a drain cleaner that I can borrow/rent for an hour or whatever to clean this damn thing?

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Browning:

Can you get to the trap?

Yes and no. I can get to it in the basement, but I broke a strap wrench trying to get it off and my pipe wrench isn't big enough. I guess I'll bite the bullet and get a bigger one tomorrow.

Originally posted by Mr. 2:

plunger?

Definitely didn't work.

Do that, ask your landlord if you can replace just the trap if you paid/ and done it yourself(real easy to do, and cheap too), replace it with a plastic one, that way you can clean it easily whenever it clogs. Thats probably the best thing to do!