How do these Best Buy replacement plans work?

Moe7

I bought a cell phone off ebay almost 3 years ago and the guy was nice enough to send me his receipt and warranty pamphlet that he had purchased along with it from Best Buy. Now my battery life is getting pretty horrible and I am looking at switching carriers anyway. Will battery problems alone be reason enough to replace the phone, or should I find some more "issues" to bring up when going in (earpiece volume, etc..)? Also, will they give me store credit, or just a replacement phone of equal value ($270 phone). Even if they give me a replacement I can just put that up on ebay or something, but store credit so I can switch carriers would be even better.

Also.. I'm assuming I'd get the store credit or replacement phone immediately?

[ 06. December 2004, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Morgan ]

"or just a replacement phone of equal value ($270 phone)."

That one. Then, you can pay more for a better phone if you want.

There are people that acually work for them on here. I guess you'll have to wait to see if they would get you a phone for a different carrier... I don't see why not as long as it's equal value.

ok, well, most carriers have a one year warranty on the phone. after a year, youre just stuck with it. if there is an insurance added, either as part of the plan, or from best buy, then the stipulations therein would apply. with us, the insurance is a 4 dollar a month charge, and it stays with the plan as long as you play the premium.

not sure what a best buy plan would entail.