Private pilot license???

zeitgeist57

Who here has their pilot's license? It's always been a dream of mine and, after getting "Plane and Pilot" magazine for the past year, I'm jonesing to get my license in the next few years.

I know it's pretty expensive to get a basic, single-engine certification, but I'd love to hear experiences from people on the board.

Click Me!

tell em that I refered you, or hell, pm me and ill set you up with a recruiter, see if we cant get you in as a rotary wing aviator or something aviation related.

Originally posted by The Stig:

what about joining the Civil Air Patrol...er, Corpse, er, Guard, er, whatever it's called. Wouldn't they pick up some of it free?

If you've got the finnese, got for a helo liscense, you can make more money and do it locally.

doing it for money requires a comercial piolits liscence. takes about 5 years at osu to go through thier program at don scott for a comercial liscence. You could enroll at osu and take some of the begining aviation courses, wich will get you your private liscsnce in a relatively short time. (plus its college credit hours)

pm me if you want more info on osu aviation.

My father went through the whole process, vfr wasn't to tough, you can get lessons at almost any local field. VFR is pretty useless as a whole if you actually want to do some traveling. IFR is pretty much a necessity if you want to do anytyhing over the mountians. But once you get it you'll wonder why you ever waited so long. 9 hour drive to S.C. or a 4 hour flight? Plus on a whole planes really aren't that expensive (if you think how much people spend on luxury cars these days). While up-keep is pricey you can join a flight club, or take on partners and buy an airplane jointly. Once I graduate I am definetely getting my liscence.