good deal or not??

ninjachk08

yea, im not gonna take the chance.. even tho its cheap, i want it in good shape. so tryin to fix it would be hard and expensive to get it back the way it should be...

so nick, dustin and kawi- you win! lol. i should be able to find a good deal in the winter. we'll see what happens.

I am good at fiberglass and bondo if you do find another rashed one. Plus you can look for a true 636. It doesnt seem like much but I have rode both and you feel it for sure.

yea, im not gonna take the chance.. even tho its cheap, i want it in good shape. so tryin to fix it would be hard and expensive to get it back the way it should be...

so nick, dustin and kawi- you win! lol. i should be able to find a good deal in the winter. we'll see what happens.

hahaha we win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the forks aren't too bent, it'sa easy enough to put them in some vee blocks and use a press and a dial indicator to straighten them out a bit. But they can't be bent to the point of being kinked or having a wrinkle in the surafce - then it's new fork tube time.

I'd say tell him to pull the steering head appart, then go down with a bore gauge of that diameter, and check it out, if the neck is round +/- a few thousandths worst case is forks, which still isn't a bad deal.

I'd say tell him to pull the steering head appart, then go down with a bore gauge of that diameter, and check it out, if the neck is round +/- a few thousandths worst case is forks, which still isn't a bad deal.

By looking at the pics, the neck is definitely bent - the wheel is way too close to the radiator. Best case scenario is pulling the neck back to its proper location. IF its too bent you risk damaging the bearing races or even pulling the neck off the frame while pulling it back out.

The neck forks and triples could also be twisted - pretty common for a front end crash like that bike has already been through.

By the way, the bearing races are only 3/8" to 1/2" deep top and bottom, and based on my experience the Kaw frames were notorious for having egg shaped races after a front end hit like that.