Ok I really need a job

LJ

It is almost summer, and I have no job lined up, and a lot of things to pay for this summer. Everything I apply for has already been filled when I apply, or I send an app on Monster.com and it turns out to be like a pyramid scheme. I have 4 years work expierience in customer service, and in manufacturing. I would like to work in a call center, or you know what, about anything that will pay me at least $8 and give me 40 hours a week with regular hours (not working from noon to 9 or anything)

If anyone knows of anything let me know. I can email my resume on request.

Guest RJ1074
there is a place behind super wal-mart (on route 23) that has positions open as a telemarketer, my friend with no experience is getting $9.50. I can ask her for more details if you want!

Originally posted by Pecador:

there is a place behind super wal-mart (on route 23) that has positions open as a telemarketer, my friend with no experience is getting $9.50. I can ask her for more details if you want!

Hmm ya, I could do that, as long as I'm not telemarketing on weekends or during dinner, because then I couldn't live with myself, lol. PM me the info you can get from her.

Thanks!

Originally posted by L67 Skylark:

stonehenge builders is hiring 730-330 m-f its a laborer position think it pays 8.50 or 9.00 call mark gableman at 374-6560 to set up an interview tell him Dave told you to call.

What kind of construction do they do? And what kind of hours do they run?

www.improveitjobs.com

fill out an online ap, send me a PM with your name and ill get you expedited through the system and a phone call from the recruiter tomorrow.

You will either work in a non cold call center or in field marketing, ie canvassing, a sams club, or local fairs and what not.

Pay is 8 or 9 an hour + bonuses, which can put you at 20 an hour if you are good (Like I was)

So I would either make calls to current or past customers, or go set up a booth somewhere? Hmm sounds decent if I can get 40 hours a week, and decent working hours

correct: precus, people who filled out tickets stating that they had interest, some are just reschedules or recently set appointments.

The booth people usually tend to a booth and answer questions and set appointments for sales reps to do visits. This goes down at the local sams clubs, garden ridges, and shows such as the State fair and convention center Home improvement expos.

The canvassers go door to door in neighborhoods where we've just done work and set apts for in home visits.

Work week is pretty flexible in terms of number of hours and times depend on which department you like the best.

Ive been with the company for over 3 years. I started in the call center when we actually did cold calls. I gradually moved up and am now in a lead management position on salary with full benefits etc. There is plenty of opportunity for growth if that appeals to you at all.

Anyone else with customer service experience is welcome to apply too.

Hmm so I could choose to do the call center? I really don't like the sound of the door to door (just not my thing) and the booths might not be too bad. Sorry for seeming so skeptical, but I have been getting lots of calls for those pyramid scheme type companies. I am going to send you my Resume though.

no pyramid at all. I dont think im going to get anything if you get hired. (I might get a referral bonus if you stay 90 days.)

It would be a toss up between demonstrator and the call center if I was looking.

S&E is much more flexible hours wise but is more seasonal. Though now starts our busiest season so you’re good. I saw a fratchick make a few grand in one week during the ohio state fair. Ive seen other kids just make hourly cause they were afraid to talk to people. Those kids dont last long.

The call center has more customer contact and therefor more opportunity. You dont have to wait for someone to come to you. An average to good marketer will set 5 or so a day on average and see 40-50% or so first run at 30 bucks each. That, of course is in addition to the hourly 8-10 whatever theyre paying now.

Basically, if youre greedy and motivated this is a good job to make more than the average wage. If you just want something to putz around with so you can make hourly... I dont recommend it.

I got a call from a place called Primerica today. THey want me to come in at noon for a pre-interview. I dunno if I want to waste me time with it. I think it is somewhere where they contract the work out to you or something. She wouldn't tell me the payscale on the phone, nor would she give me job hours. Should I go?

I got the same call from Primerica last week as well. It's a pyramid scheme. Before I knew what it was, I told them I would go to their meeting. After a friend told me what it was about, I decided not to go. I believe you have to invest money and such crap. Waste of time if you don't have the spare money to get started.

Ok, I'm not going to the Primerica meeting. Iwishiwascool, I send you my resume last night, hit me back when you hear something.

Pecador, lemme know what your friend says about the telemarketing place.