Time Warner descamblers

Sam1647545489

OK, her is the deal with digital cable. Because of the bandwidth they have, they can swap the digital encryption keys at will. This makes breaking the key difficult. And the fact they have the ability to change it every 60 seconds if they so desire, for the next ten years and never use the same code twice. Well you do the math.

From what I am told, they are using PGP encryption with a 128 bit key. Now you computer guru's know what that means. Analog cable is VERY limited however on what they can do with the signal to scramble it. Most technologies rely on the removal or the moving of the vertical sync pulse. Or the trapping of the signal from your house all together (very old school). I am not going to reveal all my secrets here, but if someone knows about breaking digital cable signals, I know a buch of people that would like to hear what you know.

The only way I know of how to get all channels on the new box is to have an "un-hit" or not turned on box... this is great to play all channels except for on demands once you play an on demand channel they "find" the box and it is useless at this point... good luck on getting one of these boxes though.

Guest nevarmore

The real boner with digital cable is that they can actively send and recieve info from the box. Unlike satellite TV and XM radio, which have passive recievers, the cable company now does know when you're stealing cable.

Originally posted by desperado:

From what I am told, they are using PGP encryption with a 128 bit key. Now you computer guru's know what that means.

Whats your source on that? I don't doubt it, I'm just interested in some of the geekier details.

For those of you that aren't geeks, it means you're gunna have to pay for cable or start stealing from DirectTV and the DishNetwork.

Originally posted by Rotary Jihad:

The real boner with digital cable is that they can actively send and recieve info from the box. Unlike satellite TV and XM radio, which have passive recievers, the cable company now does know when you're stealing cable.

Whats your source on that? I don't doubt it, I'm just interested in some of the geekier details.

For those of you that aren't geeks, it means you're gunna have to pay for cable or start stealing from DirectTV and the DishNetwork.

Stealing Direct TV. Ahhh, good luck guy. They have killed the video decode key stream for everything now except the P4 and P5 cards and the P6 is about to ship. Without being able to unloop the new cards, there it NO way currently to write to anything but a VIRGIN P4. And since no one can unloop them, there are no 3M's around for them. So you are at the mercy of whatever binary that you can find to write to your card, and as soon as it gos public, it gets blacklisted. SO your fucked there too. Just pay for the shit and forget about it.