Apple Power book or ibook

Guest tbirdchick

Guest tbirdchick

well i've been thinking about saving up to get a lap top for school, i've quit college for a while to work full time, but im wanting to go back next fall quarter, Im a graphic design major. I don't know alot about these but i need to get familiar with them because that's what they use for my major. which would be better the ibook g4 or the powerbook g4? i would have to have the internet, so is there anything special i would have to get with it in order to connect to the wireless web? suggestions.....

Thanks

powerbook g4, it'll be beefier for the apps you're going to want to run. The ibook is the playtoy version of the lappys. Both will be good but if you have a choice, go powerbook.

Also, to do the wireless thing you have to make sure your laptop has an airport card(wireless network adapter) which most of the g4 mac laptops came with. If you have wideband access at your home/dorm, all you'd need is a wireless router to go with your wireless network card. If you need help with any of that stuff, drop a pm to me or some of the other guys who will post in here like anthony or something, we know our crap.

T.c.

Originally posted by rallychick:

well i've been thinking about saving up to get a lap top for school, i've quit college for a while to work full time, but im wanting to go back next fall quarter, Im a graphic design major. I don't know alot about these but i need to get familiar with them because that's what they use for my major. which would be better the ibook g4 or the powerbook g4? i would have to have the internet, so is there anything special i would have to get with it in order to connect to the wireless web? suggestions.....

Thanks

Or better yet lets see some more pics like the one in your sig !

get the powerbook, especially if your doing any graphical stuff. be sure to get lots of ram it helps photos and such to render a lot faster

where you going to go to school?

EDIT: the new powerbooks have the airport card already installed, and macs are really easy with the wireless connections.

EDIT AGAIN: im an ass get all the ram you can!!!

[ 16. December 2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: UPS yours ]

Guest tbirdchick

i wanted to go to Franklin University but it's 380 buck a credit hour. and i only get 600 bucks a quarter in loans. so i may go to shawnee state they are only a couple 100 bucks more a quarter than OU-Chillicompton so i hope i can find a way to go back to school before next fall quarter.

i'll probably go up to easton to the apple store some day to look at what they have in the powerbooks and what my options are. Thanks

i go to shawnee state, i like it, and its cheaper than most other schools. the apple store in easton gives huge student discounts(up to $300 on powerbooks and up to $100 on ibooks, which wll pretty much take care of tax), so dont forget a student id. and if you check www.macmall.com they dont charge tax and they usually have lots of free stuff(rebates), like ram and other nice upgrades. so good luck.