All-In Columbus, first place = $20k! this week/end

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Guest SweeeetSilvia

All-In Columbus

Moose Lodge 11

1500 Demorest Rd.

Columbus, OH

Texas Hold'em Tournament

$55 Buy-in (unlimited rebuys during first four blind levels)

1st place- $20,000

$10,000

$6,000

$5,100

$4,500

$4,000

$3,000

$2,500

$2,000

$1,500

Qualifying Sessions

Thursday March 3rd: 6:30pm and 10:00pm

Friday March 4th: 6:30pm and 10:00pm

Saturday March 5th: 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm

Sunday March 6th 11am, 3pm

PLAY IN UNLIMITED qualifying rounds if needed. The top 10% from each round go to the finals on SUNDAY at 7:30pm. All people in the finals are guaranteed money.

Pre-Register by calling 1-614-882-9577

**Payout is based on full field of 195 players per session.

I called about 10 minutes ago and it is getting filled FAST.

See you all there.

-Dan

How many chips do you start with? How often do the blinds raise? And how mnay people to a table?

I play some torunaments where you only start with $500 chips and blinds are 25-50 and raise every 15 minutes and have fuckin' more than 11 people to a table. it sucks

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Zach, the tourney you just described seems rather forgiving. I play weekly at the armory, we get 10 chips, 5 5 dollar chips, 5 1 dollar chips. blinds start 1/2, go up after like the first 4 hands...

That's real poker man smile.gif

About how many hcips you get here, i'm not sure but i know its value is $2500.

-Dan

I called today. Here are a few more things I found out:

- you can only rebuy if you go completely broke (i.e., bust out); so, no just sitting down and buying $1,000 in chips right from the go.

- you also have the option of up to two "add-ons." An add-on is $25, and gets you $2500 more in chips. You have to use both add-ons, if you so choose, before the mid-way point of the session. You can buy your add-ons right from the go. So, for $105, you can have $7500 in chips right from the go.

-they also accept walk-ins (i.e., you don't have to register beforehand). However, if you do elect to walk in, you take the chance that the session will already be filled.

-blinds start at $50/$100. The first raise of the blinds occurs after 30 minutes, and then every 15 minutes thereafter. Blinds increase by doubling, so it goes 50/100, 100/200, 200/400, 400/800, and so on. (Sounds like the sessions will go quick that way.)

-as of 2:00pm today, none of the sessions were sold out, but the Thurs @ 6:30, Fri @ 6:30, and Sat @ 4 sessions were all "getting pretty full."

I'll probably go to the 6:30 session on Friday. If that's sold out, then I may go to the 11am session on Sunday. I have another game to go to on Saturday.

(This is Cody. I havent gotten the e-mail with my new password yet so I'm getting Zachs PostCount up)

WOW. good luck guys.

It's pretty tough. Blinds go up every 15 minutes and theres NO SET DEALER. THE PLAYERS DEAL AND TAKE ETERNITYS TO DEAL!!!! My table, averaged 4 deals every blind. So after every 4 deals, the blinds went up. Some guy started to deal 2 cards to every person and someone was like, this is poker not euchre dumbass. go-all in whenever you make a hand, they will chase you down no matter what. ALSO!!! WATCH HOW THE PLAYERS DEAL! THEY FUCK UP SO MUCH!! BURNING 2 CARDS INSTEAD OF ONE! NOT REMEMBERING IF THEY BURNED OR NOT. Also, make sure the perosn has wehat he calls. Someone with AK doesnt have a straight with Q-J-9-8-A on the board. THe people are fucking retarded that are their so just pay attention to the person hwo is dealing.

Flopped a straight with 8-10clubs. 7-9-J. someone bet i raised to $2,000 and someone called with K-Q and hit the only card that he could beat me with, a 10 on the river. and thats all she wrote. They also have cash games their too. $3-$6 limit, $5-$10 limit, and a $100 min. buy in No-Limit game. I played the $3-$6 while I waited for Stropki to get done.

Damn, Cody, sorry to hear that you didn't do as well as what you would have liked. But thanks for the tips on how the overall play was. I can completely understand your frustration on people that just won't get the fuck out of a hand.. It's like you know you have them beat, but they just don't know enough to know they're beat and should get out. That's really frustrating at times, especially when they catch a card or two - it like fucking encourages them to keep playing like jackasses.

Also, no set dealer??? Yeah, that would be/is going to be (for me) the suck. I would imagine it's like this - with blinds going up every four hands, you had better catch some cards early, or else the blinds will just eat you up.

So, I'm getting ready to head over there for the 6:30 session. They said to be there an hour to 30 minutes early - not sure if I'll be that early. I'm about to get my drink on - have a few Maker's Marks/Cokes, get my buzz going, and go lose some money.

Also, Cody, one more question: Did you use your add on's in the tournament? I heard the add-on's are $25 a piece, for $2500 in chips each.

Okay, I'm back. Busted out with maybe six tables left. Hit a few hands, missed on one, and, eventually, the blinds ate me up. (Blinds we are $2,000/$4,000 when I got put out.) On the upside, I made a bunch of friends at the Moose Lodge bar next door.

Guest SweeeetSilvia

I also got knocked out in the 2/4k blinds, I only had 13,500 left in chips and went all in with big slick. Couldn't hit anything. Went over to the 50/100 no limit table thereafter got all my money back and some, so I guess it wasn't that bad of a day.

Dan

ok, so far it sounds like i faired the best out of everyone on here that played, i played today in the 3:00 and final qualifier

there were about 90 people that showed and they decided to take the final 8 so there would be an even 100 for the finals

so i was doing good and made it to the FINAL 2 TABLES and there were only 11 people left when i was hanging on with 11000 in chips after being beaten up by a lucky ass straight on the river!

anyway i made it past the small blind with no pair so i was left with 3000 in chips and the blinds at 8000/16000 i was waiting for my best possible hand to go in on and i had 5 free hands to catch it.....but the best i could muster was an A 10 suited, so i went all in and eventually lost it to a pair of queens! so i finished in 11 and only 3 spote from making the finals! :(

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Also, Cody, one more question: Did you use your add on's in the tournament? I heard the add-on's are $25 a piece, for $2500 in chips each.

I used 1 Add-On, early. Like right when I had a chance to.

I used both mine before we even started. My thinking was that I wanted as many chips as I could get right from the go.

Re-buys allow bad players to play even worse. It like gives them an excuse to act like jackasses. Then, it all comes down to cards, really, because you can't out-play a whole table of people who don't care if they bust out. So, if you don't have the cards, then you're going to eventually get drawn out on. /vent