Trouble ticket

Buck531

This came into our queue this morning.. a few minutes ago.

"Laptop Issue-Client accidently spilled coffee on her laptop and now it will not power on. Client will be in the office one hour from now."

Well.. no SHIT?!

Stupid people piss me off.. :rolleyes:graemlins/thumbsdown.gifgraemlins/slap.gif

Guest stvbreal

So, what are the troubleshooting steps to fix this problem? :D

We used to get at least 3 a day at Nationwide. One good one was "Client forgot laptop was on top of car." You can pretty much figure out the rest. :D

Originally posted by EvilEvo:

So, what are the troubleshooting steps to fix this problem? :D

We used to get at least 3 a day at Nationwide. One good one was "Client forgot laptop was on top of car." You can pretty much figure out the rest. :D

Put it in the dishwasher and air dry it.. :eek::D

We had one guy actually call a ticket in a long time ago saying "LCD screen is cracked. User accidentally sat on it while at a football game" or something along those lines.. graemlins/slap.gif

So what is your solution?? I mean, if they break it, they break it, right?? Are you guys supposed to tear them apart and fix them at a component level, or have them replaced. Or do you even have them replaced at all, or rather the user has to go through the proper channels w/ their supervisor to have them replaced?

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

So what is your solution?? I mean, if they break it, they break it, right?? Are you guys supposed to tear them apart and fix them at a component level, or have them replaced. Or do you even have them replaced at all, or rather the user has to go through the proper channels w/ their supervisor to have them replaced?

Well, in this situation where the user caused it, it won't be under warranty. They will have to pay for the replacment of the motherboard and whatever else needs repaired on it.

If it's a manufacture defect (hard drive, keyboard stops working, etc.), then we call Sarcom and they come out and replace it. We really don't do any hardware repairing. That's why we contract it out (not sure why though).

Haha level 1 techs ^^^^ I always hated that shit. You aren't allowed to do much of anything except bump it up to the next group. Luckily I'm in level 3 field service now so I'm the one man army. Sucks that I carry parts for probably 200 products in my DD all the time.

Evan

Originally posted by Tractor:

Haha level 1 techs ^^^^ I always hated that shit. You aren't allowed to do much of anything except bump it up to the next group. Luckily I'm in level 3 field service now so I'm the one man army. Sucks that I carry parts for probably 200 products in my DD all the time.

Evan

I'm not level 1.. I'm more of a 3. It's just different how it is at the Bank here.

You call the help(less) desk (level 1), they basically log the ticket and send it to ANOTHER help desk (more helpful).. that's level 2. and if htey can't fix it, it goes to desktop.. me.. level 3.

I worked for Sarcom for awhile. I saw there business as a great way to rob companies of there profits. IE over at Ashland Chemical they'd have a HP LJ 5si needing feed tires so instead of replacing 4 3 dollar parts the manager of the account would talk them into replacing the machine with a damned Deskjet.

I was at Nationwide too and I ain't gonna say in public what I saw go on there.