Beer Review: Tiger

Guest Ranger_Man

Guest Ranger_Man

This is another beer that came straight to me from Hong Kong. Again, I thank Justin for grabbing this while he was there and holding onto it for the entire journey home.

Can: Yes, that would be right, this is another canned beer. The can is a dark blue with orange, white and gold accents. The main picture portion of the can has the Tiger logo which just so happens to be a tiger standing in front of a tree. Underneath that is the word “Tiger” and even further below are a few pictures of some of the medals that this beer has won. Off to the side of the picture portion is the word portion and says, “Brewed exclusively in Asia since 1932 with the finest quality hops and malted barley, Tiger Beer has a distinctive taste that’s winning the world over.”

Pour: The beer pours out of the can with very little fanfare. A golden color with plenty of carbonation is the first thing that I noticed. Once I had looked that over I glanced upwards to see that what little head that was there was now already gone. The beer smells like a typical lager since it has hardly any smell at all. What smells you can get from the beer are pretty unintelligible hints of malt.

Taste: Normally, I do this part from first taste to last taste; However for this review I am starting with the good news and then going to the bad. The good news is that the carbonation is there! Unfortunately, the bad news is that both of the malt and hops tastes aren’t there. More often than not, lagers have a rather bland taste and this one would be no exception to that rule.

Overall: Some of you would absolutely love this beer for the simple fact that it has no beer taste but yet still contains the alcohol. I, on the other hand, am no fan of Tiger Beer, or any of its other rice fed brethren. To me, adding rice into the making of beer virtually kills the entire purpose of having barley in the mix as well. It would be like a painter painting a picture and using only black paint. Sure, you can make some nice black and white paintings, but come on; wouldn’t those same paintings look so much better with color?

http://s90651370.onlinehome.us/tiger.jpg

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by WebNinja:

The painting analogy was really impressive. Good, concise review. graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks. I didn't feel like babbling on this time since I have to get back to my race in GT4 here soon ;) .