Who does work on Furance and A/C stuff?

Buck531

I have a company coming out Friday for my a/c. It just shut off. I'm gettin zero power to the unit. It was working fine up until 3:00 or so and just turned off.

I've checked the breaker. It's fine. Took off the access panel on the unit and there's a control box that has an led that has trouble codes if whatever is showing up (red, blue, green, etc.). nothing is even lit up.

So.. anyone good with furnaces that could possibly stop by tonight and take a peek at it? if not, I guess I can wait until Friday.

Originally posted by Akula:

I had a problem like this with my AC. There are two breakers, one is outside with the condensor on is the furnace breaker (in the house).

Yeah, I talked to a guy today that said the same thing. Where would it be on the outside? On the outside fan/unit itself?

I can't even get the furnace/heat to come on even if I crank it up to 100 degrees. .

Turn your fan from auto to on, if it comes on then the unit (in your basement?) is fine and it is probably the A/C unit breaker (should be an electrical box hanging near the condensor). If you get nothing then you have some kind of breaker/power unit problem. if you have been running AC alot lately you may want to check that the condensation hasn't dripped onto the electrics.

Fan is on ON, and it doens't come on at all.

The furnace/blower is upstairs (bi-level house :( )

I'm just gonna have the guy come out on Friday. I really don't feel like frying myself (might smell like bacon).

Thanks for the suggestions though.

It "might" be a blown breaker switch.. I dunno though.

Originally posted by Bird69:

hey shawn i'll come look at it before 5 if that's ok. i won't charge you anything.

Called smile.gif .

Forgot to tell you. I won't be home until 5ish. Is that still cool?

Originally posted by ( . Y . ):

Homey D Clown's father works on HVAC also. I would try PM'ing him.

Pretty much too late now. I the company I normally have come out is coming out tomorrow. I'll just stick it out.

oh .. yeah. One thing I never bothered to look at (thought about it.. never did).

The f'n wall switch on the back of the wall (betweent the furnace and the water tank).. has a fuckin short in it.

Paid some asshole $125 (labor to figure it out) for a $2.50 switch..

fuckers. :mad:

DAMMMMMMMMMM i'm sorry, that could have been why you got 120 and i didn't. sorry i didn't call you back, wife had a bunch of family drama. see what i was talking about people paying too much for that shit? it pisses me off too.