05' Golf Season / Update 3/13 with info on Kyber Run 4/24

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Guest SweeeetSilvia

This year I want to gather interest in a CR outing, unlike last year where we had promises but nothing ever happened. I am able to get many good discounts on a variety of courses all over Columbus and its' surrounding areas. If anyone would be interested, reply here and suggest what course(s) you would want to go to. Hopefully, we can have atleast one, but I would like to get more than that. Perhaps, one a month or so during the 05' season.

Some courses that I can get discounts on;

1. Champions, Columbus

2. Turnberry, Pickerington

3. Table Rock, ~6800 yards, www.tablerock.com

4. Blackhawk, ~6600 yards, www.blackhawkgc.com

5. Legends at Locust Lane, ~7100 yarsa, in Alexandria

6. Bent Tree ~6900 yards, Sunbury, www.benttreegc.com

7. Royal American Links ~6900 yards, in Galena www.royalamericanlinks.com

8. St. Albans ~6700 yards, in Alexandria www.stalbansgc.com

9. Village View ~ in Croton (newbie course, kinda)

among others..

We should form a tournament format, so that way we can atlast prove who is the king of CR golf :cool:graemlins/popcorn.gif

-Dan

[ 13. March 2005, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: SR22DET ]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for it. Turnberry has a good membership program.. you pay like $800 and you get a membership to 8 different courses. if you're a full time student, and show proof, its only $400. Cant beat that. I have been wanting to play eagle sticks in Zanesville for quite sometime. They're known for having good winter rates, but i was busy this past winter, sooo.

Guest SweeeetSilvia
I was going to throw Eaglesticks in there, cause I can get a discount there as well, however it's kinda far away for most people I think?

If it's held on a Sunday I can play. The courses you listed that I like (I really like almost any golf course) is Blackhawk, Benttree, Table Rock, Turnberry. Don't forget some other goodies too = Indian Springs by Mechanicsburg, Minerva Park etc. Also watch / if Mad Malibu signs up don't bet him / He's a player when he's on- :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kohones:

If it's held on a Sunday I can play. The courses you listed that I like (I really like almost any golf course) is Blackhawk, Benttree, Table Rock, Turnberry. Don't forget some other goodies too = Indian Springs by Mechanicsburg, Minerva Park etc. Also watch / if Mad Malibu signs up don't bet him / He's a player when he's on- :rolleyes:

Dan and I seem to be about even...and you need to remember your wallet tongue.gif

Dan, IN.

-Marc

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Minerva Park eh...thats one of the first courses I ever played on. I will for sure play it this year cause I guess it was sold officially, but I don't know about with CR, kinda of a crappy course the last few years, and that is is also a par 69..

Ya, Marc, about golfing with the team, it is going to be a close call if I even go to school next quarter or not. How competitive is that team anyways, can they even score?

-Dan

Guest SweeeetSilvia

BTW, Blackhawk sounds real good to me. Always kept in top notch condition.

Would you all be interested in more than one date? Sundays sound good to me, maybe the last Sunday of every month at a different course?

Yes, it's out in johnstown.. About 10 mins from 161 & 62.

Bent tree is a nice course but not that nice for as much as it is. I would rather play The Players Club or Cooks Creek for the money.

I played Blackhawk for the first time last year and was not impressed.. Good thing it was only 15 bucks w/ cart.

Indian Springs is pretty nice but way out there.. so is Woodlands and Darby Creek.

And Eagle Sticks is nice too, but in Zanesville.

A good site is www.golfus.com, you bid on tee times. smile.gif

Has anyone played here? Shaker Run

Our insurance advisor was telling me about it and said it ranks up with Longaberger as being well kept, but abotu 50-60 dollars cheaper.

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Ok, so would you all be down to play once a month, the last Sunday of each month?

4/24 Kyber Run

5/29 Black Hawk

6/26 Indian Springs

7/31 Minerva??

8/28 Turnberry

9/25 Table Rock??

I don't know about you all, but I usually like to get out early in the morning. In the summer months it would normal to see me leave my house at 6am, however, I think maybe around 9am or so would be good?

Opinions please!!!!! I want to get this shit organized.

So far;

1. me

2. ttemper

3. Art95Celica

4. Kohones

5. MadMalibu

6. Shitaro

7. B

8. gergwheel

9. HomeyDClown

10. Jon

see if these dates will work you you, and again start time around 9am, maybe 10.

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Sweet, 7-8 is awesome, thats what I usually like however I wasn't sure if others would or not.

Homey D- it's the last Sunday of each month, is that what you were referring to or EVERY sunday?

Originally posted by SR22DET:

Sweet, 7-8 is awesome, thats what I usually like however I wasn't sure if others would or not.

Homey D- it's the last Sunday of each month, is that what you were referring to or EVERY sunday?

Yea, I was referring to every one of the Sundays.. Maybe a small group of us could play on Saturdays.. I get yelled at for playing too much :D I was going 3-4 times a week last year. tongue.gif