Finally 50cent will die.

Guest Rane

Yeah whenever I lose faith in rap, I just pull out my old Tupac and Pharcyde CD's. Also, the Geto Boys kick quite a bit of ass with cult classics from Office Space.

That, and I listen to Kanye West, Common, and Ludacris. Luda's lyrics are shallow, but he's definitely got some of the best beats around.

Mos Def is the best rapper around right now as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

wow you referred to little wayne as a good rapper, your opinion on any other matter will not be considered ever again, the only reason people don't like 50 is because too many suburbanites listen to him now, everyone loves to hate what is popular like they have somekind of leak to the underground, guess what???? we are all white and from COLUMBUS, OHIO

Except for you BUBBALOOGA!

actually, the roots >* in anything but jazz

i hate to sound like a pseudointellectual self-indulgent "Sideways"-watching tool, but Coltrane, Davis, Tyner, and Brubek are the four most amazing MUSICIANS of the 20th century. Nothing chills me out as much as Brubek or Coltrane when I'm driving or trying to concentrate on something.

raps been around since the 70's people it's not going anywhere, i used to love hearing all these old people when they would get together and be like "i can't wait for this hippidy hopp crap to go away"

HAHAHAHAHA

LMAO

hate him or love him 50 does have skillz,

he can put a "bar" together like few others, he might not rhyme about the most positive things but i'd prolly put him in the top 10 rappers as far as rhyming is concered, now as a TOTAL lyricist NAS and EMINEM are probably the top 2 followed by JAY-Z and quite a few other non-big-selling rappers

IMHO

Originally posted by Morabu:

he can put a "bar" together like few others, he might not rhyme about the most positive things but i'd prolly put him in the top 10 rappers as far as rhyming is concered...

Maybe you should stop watching MTV so much. There are SO many way better lyricists out there that aren't on MTV because they don't talk about chrome rims and candy shops. 50 is a joke and I feel bad knowing people think he's talented.

"Now you know the hoes, they know how I roll

In that new Rolls with the suicide doors

22 inch chrome, a nigga money low

You try to touch me, I put out ya get ya brains blown"

Wow, so original! So talented! I'm gonna puke...

[ 14. March 2005, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: deftapcubus ]

big L was average at best!

overhyped because he died!

Thank you, same goes for Pac and Biggie. Yes they were both great rappers, but not near as good as they are talked about. when they got shot, people started listening, buying their shit like crazy. Rap, is pretty much the only thing I listen to, no one has "very good" lyrics anymore. To find the greatest of all time, you will have to travel to the 80's my friends. Grandmaster Flash, Eric B. and Rakim, Rum DMC, EPMD, KRS1, nobody today writes like they did.

I close my eyes only for a moment and the moment's gone

all my dreams pass before my eyes, a curiosity

Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind

Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea

All we do crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see.

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.

Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky.

It slips away and all your money won't another minute buy.

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.

Dust in the wind, everything is dust in the wind.

raps been around since the 70's people it's not going anywhere, i used to love hearing all these old people when they would get together and be like "i can't wait for this hippidy hopp crap to go away"

HAHAHAHAHA

LMAO

he can put a "bar" together like few others, he might not rhyme about the most positive things but i'd prolly put him in the top 10 rappers as far as rhyming is concered, now as a TOTAL lyricist NAS and EMINEM are probably the top 2 followed by JAY-Z and quite a few other non-big-selling rappers

IMHO

Where would you rank Deltron 3030? Mos Def?

http://www.hieroglyphics.com nough said

Originally posted by Browning:

Thank you, same goes for Pac and Biggie. Yes they were both great rappers, but not near as good as they are talked about. when they got shot, people started listening, buying their shit like crazy. Rap, is pretty much the only thing I listen to, no one has "very good" lyrics anymore. To find the greatest of all time, you will have to travel to the 80's my friends. Grandmaster Flash, Eric B. and Rakim, Rum DMC, EPMD, KRS1, nobody today writes like they did.

I have nothing but utmost repsect for the people who started the whole rap game. They indeed are insanely talented. I just see Big L as the Jordan of rappers tons of rappers may come and go but I PERSONALLY feel that no one will be as talented or good as him. He's the only rapper I listen to that I can pop in any of his CD's and listen to it the whole way through without skipping a single song, and his freestyles are INSANE. He had tons of skill, all in all though, 50 cent is a piece of shit.

They all SUCK!!!! Any jackass with a beat machine can be a rapper. Just make up some lyrics about how hard you are and how much bling you have and your golden. Or just keep saying the same thing over and over,,,,,,OOOOKKKKAAAAAAAAYYYYY,,,,,,,WWHHAAAAATTTTTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OOOOKKKKKKAAAAAYYYYYYYY.

Originally posted by Nismo:

They all SUCK!!!! Any jackass with a beat machine can be a rapper. Just make up some lyrics about how hard you are and how much bling you have and your golden. Or just keep saying the same thing over and over,,,,,,OOOOKKKKAAAAAAAAYYYYY,,,,,,,WWHHAAAAATTTTTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OOOOKKKKKKAAAAAYYYYYYYY.

You're ignorant