Holy Shit!! Awesome Stage 3 Mopar Turbo Upgrade For SRT-4

Guest Z28Ls1Badass

Originally posted by sleepers, inc.:

they put a turbo motor in a mini-van...how bad ass is that?

Not bad ass at all. A mini-van could have a jet motor in it and it would still be a mini-van. I have pacts with numerous people that we will kill each other if we ever buy a mini-van.

No idea about the lineage from any mitsu engine to the turbo mopar engine now via DSM (which was done away with six years ago). I think that's a bit of a strech. I would assume they started from scratch on this motor. Maybe using a general block design that they already had.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

Not bad ass at all. A mini-van could have a jet motor in it and it would still be a mini-van. I have pacts with numerous people that we will kill each other if we ever buy a mini-van.

No idea about the lineage from any mitsu engine to the turbo mopar engine now via DSM (which was done away with six years ago). I think that's a bit of a strech. I would assume they started from scratch on this motor. Maybe using a general block design that they already had.

:(

if i recall right the turbo is mistu... and really the motor is out of the mexican stratus... so it is not a complete brand new motor.. they revamped that motor made it extra strong. and put it in an neon gave it good suspension and called it an srt...

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

Bad pact. Mini vans are emasculating yes, but at least they're honest utilitarian boxes, and people (after swallowing all their pride) buy em and actually use em for what they're made to do.

Better pact: kill each other if someone buys an SUV.

Why is it SO fn hard for people that say they are into cars to injoy and or understand cars of all types? I mean I own what amounts to a srt-4 from 1987, Now is there things faster? Yes Is there things that get better 60 foots? Some, although the ones in the 11"s are still pulling 1.6-1.8's so it is not to bad. Is there cars with more sex appeal? AAA ya. BUT I like mine and would love to have a srt-4, I would love one day to step to a supercharged zo6 or a high modded 03. But untill then I will injoy a car that is VERY fun to drive (In corners too not just straight) is pretty quick and is real cheap to modd till it breaks and mod some more.

Why is it so hard for the cavemen of automotive lovers to understand there in more to a cars value than 1/4 mile times and 60 goot times? There is a thing called joy of driveing and fun to drive. 2 cases in point

1. Rolla's 199? ford festiva- Yep it is a festiva,Yep it is slow (right now), Yep it is beat up. But with the suspention mods on the car it is a ball to drive and I dare you to try to get him to sell it. and I bet 99% of the guys on here could not keep up with him in it in the twistys in any thing short of a bike or maybe a zo6.

2. Crxpowerd's 1990 crx well pretty much all of the same is to be said here. I have drove this car and ya it is a 15 sec car but it is a ball to screw around in.

Originally posted by buckeye:

Why is it SO fn hard for people that say they are into cars to injoy and or understand cars of all types? I mean I own what amounts to a srt-4 from 1987, Now is there things faster? Yes Is there things that get better 60 foots? Some, although the ones in the 11"s are still pulling 1.6-1.8's so it is not to bad. Is there cars with more sex appeal? AAA ya. BUT I like mine and would love to have a srt-4, I would love one day to step to a supercharged zo6 or a high modded 03. But untill then I will injoy a car that is VERY fun to drive (In corners too not just straight) is pretty quick and is real cheap to modd till it breaks and mod some more.

Why is it so hard for the cavemen of automotive lovers to understand there in more to a cars value than 1/4 mile times and 60 goot times? There is a thing called joy of driveing and fun to drive. 2 cases in point

1. Rolla's 199? ford festiva- Yep it is a festiva,Yep it is slow (right now), Yep it is beat up. But with the suspention mods on the car it is a ball to drive and I dare you to try to get him to sell it. and I bet 99% of the guys on here could not keep up with him in it in the twistys in any thing short of a bike or maybe a zo6.

2. Crxpowerd's 1990 crx well pretty much all of the same is to be said here. I have drove this car and ya it is a 15 sec car but it is a ball to screw around in.

OH NOES!!!1!111!!

-Marc

Grammar is your friend Scott

Guest Rane

All cars have sex appeal...Neons just have it towards men, bwahaha.

No seriously, I can respect a fast neon. I just like to give people shit about it. Personally I don't like the style of neons. Imagine if the Civics in USA decided they want to start producing a FAST turbo model. I am going to give these guys shit sometimes because they took a grocery getter that had a more so Ricer following and actually made it a fast car from the lot. Just fun to remind them this is the same car that sold the most body kits and 5 story wings EVER.

No hard feelings, DarkSRT4 anytime you wanna walk me on the highway again let me know. I'd actually like to see what I stack up against you now, I should be in the low 400's hp wise smile.gif .

Originally posted by sleepers, inc.:

Look up mopar's history with turbocharging. They are the results of years of field application.

Omnis, Colts, Galant Vr4, Shadow, Duster...

None were in the Fast & Furious.

your forgetting the best ones though. when they started to go to 4 valve heads.

also Fast and Furious is gay.

The look of the SRT-4 isn't that bad, but having pushed a stock SOHC neon beyond it's absolute limits of control... I'd have to say...

Make the next version 4WD, please.

And Buckeye, I'll add a third to that one smile.gif

3. My slow ass AE86 was a blast to play with when the weather turns to shit. (and will be again when I get around to fixing it). Nothing quite like an underpowered RWD car (Maybe 80hp after the bolt-on shit and timing changes, maximum.) that's light as hell to toss around on streets covered in ice and snow. Was it fast? Nope. Unless you knew how to drive it faster then other cars were capable of handling in shit weather, that is.