Fastest F-body belongs to......

Nick

Ronnie Duke's C5R blocked LS1, stock style suspension 10.5W car ran high 7.94 @ 176 a couple months ago. He's ran at the COFBA Norwalk event before too.

Opps, and can't forget Mike Brown's / other dude I can't remember that co-owns the car, has a LS1 turbo Formula in the low 8's, stock style suspension, that should be in the 7's come racing season (would have been at the end of last season but broke the input shaft on the glide on what would have been his best run). Dayton guy there.

Hmmm in my opinion and most peoples... is that just because you can slap a set of tags and headlights in a car doesnt make it a "street car" Now as an example of a fast all out street car would be like Sonnys trans am or Marios camaro! Plus a mini tubbed car to me doesnt count as a street car.. a real 10.5 in (not 10.5W ) is a "street car" props to all who can go 7s.. but tubbed out cars with parachutes arent really "street friendly" but still are fast!

well I guess the parachute would be ok but still has to have regular windows, no bigger than a 10.5in tire, functional everything from the factory.. not gutted, not tubbed and just haul balls!

Originally posted by AmysBAD98GT:

Hmmm in my opinion and most peoples... is that just because you can slap a set of tags and headlights in a car doesnt make it a "street car" Now as an example of a fast all out street car would be like Sonnys trans am or Marios camaro! Plus a mini tubbed car to me doesnt count as a street car.. a real 10.5 in (not 10.5W ) is a "street car" props to all who can go 7s.. but tubbed out cars with parachutes arent really "street friendly" but still are fast!

If i remember right Norwalk has something simular as king of Columbus but the cars first have to drive a 30 mile course under thier own power. plus all amenities have to work wipers, horn, lights, ect.

well I guess the parachute would be ok but still has to have regular windows, no bigger than a 10.5in tire, functional everything from the factory.. not gutted, not tubbed and just haul balls!

What does the size of the tire have to do with anything?? Yes, a tubbed 4-link car is one thing. But a mini-tubbed car w/ a stockish style suspension (and perhaps widended fenders) can run a huge tire and still be very streetable.

yeah it is streetable.. but its the point that a "true" street car" to me and many people I know is a high HP, fast ET car that has very little done to the "body" ex: Bob Cosby stlye car.. its a 11 sec n/a car that you would have no clue that it ran 11s or the guy doing my car Mike... has a 9 sec car (hopefully 8s this year) and the thing looks bone stock.

Yes a car with mini tubs can be streetable.. hell a Pro 5.0 car can be run on the street.. but its the options that the car has to make it either a "true street style" or "open comp drag car " style.. ya know what I mean? lol Just a difference of opinion really!

You can run anything on the street Im sure.. Great perfect example.. Lee Howeys stang! lol

[ 29. March 2005, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: AmysBAD98GT ]

Pure bullshit, all of it. A street car is a car that you can drive on the street, period.

There are too many pussies out there who whant to whine and bitch and moan that "that doesn't count because its not comfortable". Just because one sandy vaj cant take it doent mean its not street legal. To me its the whiney ramblings of some one who wants to have phat beats and cushy seats, yet doenst want to acknowledge a loss to some one who's willing to drive a more spartan and ultimately faster car.

Call me a purist, but I beleive;

* Roadsters dont have tops, period.

* If you dont need it, it shouldn't be there. If it is there and it slows you down, it's your fault.

*British cars break down

*the only replacement for displacement is boost

*the only replacement for boost is more boost

*the only replacement for more bust is thrust

*Streetable is whatever you want to drive on the street, legal or not, even if it has rockets....especialy if it has rockets.

You can drive a Pro 5.0 car on the road.. does that make it a "street car" no... lol lol geez the point just went right over your head.. btw doesnt take tons of brain power to gut and car and make it weigh 2 thousand pounds and go fast. But that is just my opinion... and basically everyone I know..

One more thought... The one kid said anything that is legal to drive on the road.. well a acar with o/r exhaust isnt even legal so bad idea!"

[ 03. April 2005, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: AmysBAD98GT ]