Idiots

Crash1647545504

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by desperado:

I have heard this before. Basically it is an attack on the religous meaning of Christmas. They don't believe that Jesus ever lived, therefore Christmas is a farce. Of course, they will say shit like that right up till the tree don't go up and the car they were getting for Christmas goes in the front yard with a FOR SALE sign in it. Then Christmas is cool again.

Now as far as the beer man from 1200 miles away. Pay attention and maybe your head will not hurt so much. Then again I am going to use the big words so an asprin may be in order for you. But either way, if you don't like what I have to say DON"T FUCKING READ IT!

A couple of you touched on the nonconformity thing, which is a big part of the problem. Teenagers all try to be nonconformist's. Now that has been going on forever, it's nothing new. What is new is the fact that it's now tollerated, and acceptable behavior. Which does two things, first... when you act as though you believe something, like that your an athiest, or a goth or a satanist, and no one questions it, you fall into believeing it yourself. It's like the saying about if you tell the same lie enough times, you will believe it's the truth.

Second... as society accepts nonconformist behavior from teens, it is no longer nonconformist behavior because it's acceptable. So to be nonconformist you must go to a new level.

ANY child phycologist will tell you that children will seek limits, they neeed to know where the line is drawn so to speak. So if their parents, brothers and sisters and society as a whole keeps moving the line. Kids will continue to try to find the line.

I know that yall think I ma fucking nuts. But considering your age, mind you I am over 30, knew of anyone that had sex IN the school. But now, I understand it's a common practice.

Hell, look at students bringing guns to school. In my day it was knives, and it was only the hoods that did that. Now they come to school to KILL their classmates with assault weapons. What changed here? Why would anyone feel that this is now acceptable?

Big words like what?

Athiest?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=athiest

Or did you mean tollerated?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tollerated

Ah yes, what skillful use of the English language. For future reference, I write better than you when I am half drunk in the midst of a beer review. Honestly though, that does not matter. What matters is the fact that you are a self absorbed fat ass that has to resort to writing long winded replies to everything in some sort of an attempt to make yourself look smarter and better than you actually are. Seriously, stop. No one cares what you think or what you do. I merely write this in a jaded effort to try and help you.

Originally posted by Coke:

I actually said somthing along those lines to her a few weeks ago. I got the response, "UHG you just don't understand the movement."

As a brother, you should hope she gets married and/or knocked up by a rich guy, because she is screwed otherwise!

Sadly, that's all I can hope for for my sister too. :(

If you're lucky she will grow out of it. If you are not lucky, she will end up doing something like my sister did. She moved to NYC because it's the trendy liberal thing to do. My sister has managed to last nearly a year now, I'm rather surprised.

Originally posted by Beer Guy:

No one cares what you think or what you do. I merely write this in a jaded effort to try and help you.

I like how almost everyone has stopped replying to his "insightful" retorts. Desperatforfriends has got to be the biggest disaster of this board.

While I may not be the next great writer of our time. (Hell I would fuck up writing a Childrens book) The thought's I am trying to get across are still there. And it's not put here for you to agree with or disagree with, only to consider.

If you don't want to see it, my names on it. Just don't bother reading it. But I bet you still do.

[ 06. April 2005, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: desperado ]

Originally posted by copperhead:

If you're lucky she will grow out of it. If you are not lucky, she will end up doing something like my sister did. She moved to NYC because it's the trendy liberal thing to do. My sister has managed to last nearly a year now, I'm rather surprised.

Mind you I ain't trying to be funny here, but did your sister also deside that she was a lesbian at that time as well? I only ask this because it was what one of my cousins did, Only she went to San Fransisco and disowned her parents blaming them for making her a lesbian because they divorced while she was in school.

Of course this wasn't untill the pychic peer group she belonged to started filling her head full of bullshit that she choose to believe.

Maybe if your exact reply is flipped, you will see it for the textual diarrhea that it is. I doubt it though.

Ben, not saying anything, or quietly debating this crap is how it gets to spread. Pretty much everyone know's I am a Democrat. But I don't have a problem with rank and file Republicans. The ones that still have some sence of reality. But the truth is that their numbers are getting smaller by the day. Pretty soon there will be Everyone that you would consider to be a liberal and the for right wingers. Mostly because the far right are the ones that are getting the press, and the rank and file GOP's are even getting scared of being grouped in with the John Ashcrofts and Ann Coulters of the Republican party. The Republicans that I know and have reasonable politica discussions with are terrorfied of the direction of the Republican party, hell they elected a leadr for the Party whose most quoted line is "A foo dont get food again!" And things ain't getting better. ramble ramble ramble. Recent events are proof that there is no accountability or responsibility in the GOP and that they are made of teflon, so nothing bad will stick to them, and Bush is well aware of that.

[This is where you go off on a completely unrelated tangent.]

Your idiocy has little to do with your absolute inability to write your thoughts intelligently... It is that said thoughts are so hypocritical and ignorant that you make yourself look like a fool every time you reply.

We are just trying to help you.

Mind you I ain't trying to be funny here, but did your sister also deside that she was a lesbian at that time as well?

Far from it, she's dating some guy 10 years her senior from Miami that's moving in with her soon.

I'm not exactly happy about the situation she has placed herself in. She's always had a tendency to date worthless pieces of shit, more than one has been intruduced to my shotgun.

You people that are making this into some gigantic political debate need to stop reading "1984" and just realize that its stupid youth utopian beliefs. I'll readily admit that I used to believe more liberal jargon about the evils of republicanism than not, but then I learned about economics.

Originally posted by 10xworse:

You people that are making this into some gigantic political debate need to stop reading "1984" and just realize that its stupid youth utopian beliefs. I'll readily admit that I used to believe more liberal jargon about the evils of republicanism than not, but then I learned about economics.

Who agreed with the silly shit the kid's sister said? The argument is whether Desperate is an idiot or not.

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

Maybe if your exact reply is flipped, you will see it for the textual diarrhea that it is. I doubt it though.

Your idiocy has little to do with your absolute inability to write your thoughts intelligently... It is that said thoughts are so hypocritical and ignorant that you make yourself look like a fool every time you reply.

We are just trying to help you.

Ken, dems fightin words damn it. I may be alot of things, but liberal democrat ain't it.

Bringing up a liberal VS democrat discussion was my doing, and it doesn't really have a place here.

But what I am trying to get at is this. Kids are always going to have some dipshit idea's. Much of it based on bullshit and fabrication by who ever.

Hell, I at one time thought that it wasn't a big deal that Clinton got a blow job and lied about it. My thought was gee, I would lie too, but then I gave it more thought. I ain't the president of the United States, and lying, for any reason, is still lying and therefore wrong.

But when kids start spouting this bullshit to one another, political or otherwise, and no one says hey, here's why what you are saying is wrong, or just plain bullshit and here is what the truth really is they are condoning the bullshit and may as well jump on the same bandwagon they are on and spout the bullshit them self.

Short version, you are part of the solution or you are part of the problem. There is NO in between.

I do agree with you in one sense. I do miss the days of corporal punishment and some sense of respect for one's parents.

I was never "beaten" per se as a child, but I was spanked and I got the belt on an occasion or so. And damnit I'm thankful for it. I listened to my parents, and when they said 'go to your room and clean up' I did it. I didn't say 'no because if you hit me thats wrong and I'll sue your ass for it'.

The problem is not just what you're saying in that the 'wiser' elders no longer talk to them, its this whole new idea of "positive reinforcement". I'm all for a fuzzy, feel-good world, but thats not how it is. Nor will it ever be. Its a society-wide problem that cannot be fixed. Once an idea has surfaced, it is impossible to destroy.

I do agree with you in one sense. I do miss the days of corporal punishment and some sense of respect for one's parents.

I didn't say 'no because if you hit me thats wrong and I'll sue your ass for it'.

No, didn't do that. I did how ever tell my mother that if she hit me I would call the cops. She explained that if she was gonna go to jail over hitting me she would damn sure make it worth her while. And I believe she meant it.

In some cases Respect does equal fear.

As far as society, we use to tollerate less and expect more from people. Now it's the opposite.

She is young, all kids are frickin hippies, those who are are idiots, true story. If they arent whiney little hippies, that means their mind isn't out trying new things, i.e. their IQ is low so they just go with what they are told.

Frickin hippies that stay frikin hippies are also morons, likey because whatever knowledge craving intelect they once had was desolved by all the weed they smoked.

You're only hope is to encourage her...yeah, encourage her. The more she reads on one subject, the better, because she will eventualy attain a healthy balance. Right now she just takes what she hears from MTV and Sean Penn and runs with it. The more you make her think, the better off she'll be.

If you just call her and Idiot and tell her to shut up, nothing will change, she'll become more deeply rooted in her hippie ways because thats how kids react. Then she'll smoke more weed because she's bummed and thinks her family doesn't respect her. Then she marry some dude in a band or a liberal arts major that she met at a vegan rally, and run off to raise their 8 kids in a fucking commune.

Do you want that?

Also, growing up and getting all your info from bow tie wearing partisan mouth peices and oxycotton popping morons is worse then becoming a fucking hippie. Idiot hippies dont do us damage because they dont vote, dipshit conservatives do.

Although my sistr says the dumbest shit you can imagen, she gets good grades!? Its amazing, shes 16 and just got a 98 in Honors Calc. UCLA is already sending her shit, so that she can apply for scolorships. Its amazing how good of a student she is.

She will honestley turn out with a exellent College education from a top school, and become very succesfull, but the shit she says, makes me want to punch her. She doesn't seperate the rumours she hears, from reality very well sometimes.

Holy Shit!!! Tenzig and I agree on something, FULLY. Well other than the conservative/liberal thing. Personally, I think that he's more of a conservative than he knows but I am not going to go down that road.

How is it that we are so far apart on most things yet in 100% agreement on this?

Ben, as far as her being book smart, yet have such silly ideas of the world isn't really a surprize. Being street smart and book smart are two different things. And having a hi IQ doesn't mean that you are going to make good judgements.

There are people that are not smart that are a wiz with mechanical things. But there are folks that have IQ's of 200 that can't change oil.

Trying to say that everyone that is intelligent is street smart doesn't work because it takes a different mindset to be one or the other.

Holy Shit!!! Tenzig and I agree on something, FULLY. Well other than the conservative/liberal thing. Personally, I think that he's more of a conservative than he knows but I am not going to go down that road.

I'm not liberal nor conservative. You have right wing, left wing, and me, the fuselage. ;)

And I think you have something backwards. IQ isn't booksmarts, its more akin to street smarts and good judgemnt. Booksmart only means that you work, retain info, and spew it out when asked. Computers do this, yet aren't intellegent. Intellect isn't a gauge of what you know, its how well you use it. Rainman was good at math, didn't make him any less a moron. ;)

There is a marked difference between using your knowlege to solve real problems in a dynamic world, and using it to pass a test. Thats why many PHDs cant tie their own shoes. They worked hard for their degree and got it by passing tests. But present them with a problem not within the scope of their feild of study and they cant do shit. graemlins/nonono.gif

Originally posted by Tenzig:

Thats why many PHDs cant tie their own shoes. They worked hard for their degree and got it by passing tests. But present them with a problem not within the scope of their feild of study and they cant do shit. graemlins/nonono.gif

Wanna bet?