Dig or Roll?

Guest crazylady

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

why choose one

Exactly. Roll racing has its benifits, and so does dig racing. Whats wrong with doing both? Doing one or the other doesnt mean you car is any less of a car. Cras with above aqdverage trap speeds tent to prefer roll races, and cars that are made for 60ft times tend to prefer dig races.

I can already predict this thread...

The Grove City Posse: DIG!!1! roll rcing slowcars holesooting 4 real cars

Tilly: You and me, 40 roll

The Grove City Posse: dig !RULES!

Turbo Buick Club: Roll racing is gay.

Gary The Retard: YAAAAAY!

---Five Pages Later---

The Grove City Posse:car cant handle rollrace car done mieght blo up

The Grove City Posse:im havins a bon fire 2night come ovra

The Grove City Posse: yay ill be theer l8tr

The Grove City Posse: ok

Columbus racing: USE PM's BLARRRRR l33tness spelling corections.

The Grove City Posse: don not give 2 shits

I prefer roll right now because my only running car is my daily driver, awd car, and I don't want to break anything in the drive-terrain. I feel like it's easier to get off a race just piddling down the highway at 3am too than trying to find a good spot to dig race.

Going to a track is pretty cool though too. I'll take the DSM there once it's back up because it doesn't matter nearly as much if I break it, even though it's slow right now.

I prefer road racing overall but this post wasn't about that.

In the end if you’re at least a decent driver you're always going to want a faster car in a straight line. Every car is eventually going to seem normal. This doesn't happen in road racing, there is much more room for personal improvement and every track is different.

Guest rperry74
Originally posted by Crash:

Exactly. Roll racing has its benifits, and so does dig racing. Whats wrong with doing both? Doing one or the other doesnt mean you car is any less of a car. Cras with above aqdverage trap speeds tent to prefer roll races, and cars that are made for 60ft times tend to prefer dig races.

I can already predict this thread...

The Grove City Posse: DIG!!1! roll rcing slowcars holesooting 4 real cars

Tilly: You and me, 40 roll

The Grove City Posse: dig !RULES!

Turbo Buick Club: Roll racing is gay.

Gary The Retard: YAAAAAY!

---Five Pages Later---

The Grove City Posse:car cant handle rollrace car done mieght blo up

The Grove City Posse:im havins a bon fire 2night come ovra

The Grove City Posse: yay ill be theer l8tr

The Grove City Posse: ok

Columbus racing: USE PM's BLARRRRR l33tness spelling corections.

The Grove City Posse: don not give 2 shits

graemlins/thatfunny.gif

I agree that both have advantages/disadvantages

I personally have only done roll races when street racing, its just how we do it with the group I go out with, on the highways around here, late at night, with cars in the back blocking traffic and another guy usually w/ a camera.. I guess we do it that way because its the easist to get away with for one, you race then you move, its a lot harder for the cops to catch up to ya or find you when you keep moving, we also seem to have cars set up much better for races from a roll... but anyways, all is good. late

From a tree. In a auto-turbo, you can leave the line in boost. Cant beat that. In a NA/sprayed 5/6spd, you can leave the line at the specific rpm that you make the most torque.

Running roll races seem to limit those options. The only up side is that for highboost FWD and RWD cars that have enough power and torque to make a flux capacitor run and hide, it gives them a chance to relieve traction issues. This isnt always true, but it helps a little.

Originally posted by badhabits_blubyu:

DIG race for $50 ,you got the break ?

Uhhh the words... Kiss my ass come to mind.

1. I don't know you, you shady mother fucker. I'm not racing some dude thats been on the board for 5 minutes for money.

2. It's obviously not stock dipshit. Stretched and lowered = not stock.

3. I was just in a wreak so the bike is down right now, I am waiting for the other guys insurance company to send me lots of money.

4. No.