Anthony again....

Art

Quit picking on Zwick. He is a good ball player young... but so is the rest of the team. If you need a scapegoat for the Wisc. game go postal on the rented high school ref.'s.

Get off his "Zwick stick" Fag :D

They're not that young of team...

From the Other Paper...

Yes, it's true that Ohio State had a record 14 departing players chosen in the NFL draft, but that gets repeated so much that you'd think there's nobody on this squad whose voice has changed yet.

At the 24 starting positions (including kicker and punter), the Bucks start a total of six seniors, nine juniors and nine sophomores. Almost two-thirds of your 2004 Ohio State Buckeyes are upperclassmen.

Factor in redshirts, and the Bucks grow even older. All but two starters—true sophomores Donte Whitner and Ashton Youboty—are in at least their third year with the team.

Originally posted by Art95Celica:

Quit picking on Zwick. He is a good ball player young... but so is the rest of the team. If you need a scapegoat for the Wisc. game go postal on the rented high school ref.'s.

Get off his "Zwick stick" Fag :D

NEWS FLASH FOR YOU IGNORANT FUCKS, ZWICK HAS BEEN IN THE PROGRAM FOR 3 YEARS, HE IS NOT GETTING BETTER.....

Zwick isn't good enough to keep Smith on the sidelines and only get about 10 plays this year. Would he do better? Nobody knows, but Zwick certainly isn't doing a fantastic job.

The Other Paper is a pretty sad source for sports info.

Starting only six seniors IS a young team. Starting nine sophomores in the Big Ten is ridiculous. That also ignores the number of freshmen and sophomores in the two deep and starting on special teams. When you consider how many of those players are on the OL and the DL, you begin to see where the problems are.

Just this week, one of those upperclassmen (Tim Shaffer) got bumped for a redshirt freshman (Kirk Barton) on the OL (right tackle, I think), so we just got even younger.

Redshirts are irrelevant when considering experience. There's a reason that you're still called a freshman or sophomore even after a redshirt year, and that's because you have no or limited game time.

As far as Zwick goes -- he's not improving. I'm with Art that eventually he's going to be a good QB, but he's been awful the past two games. It would not shock me that if Zwick struggles against Iowa that he gets pulled. They're already giving true freshman Antonio Pittman more reps, along with true freshman Ted Ginn, and on the OL Schaffer got pulled for redshirt freshman Kirk Barton, as I mentioned. Roy Hall got bumped for Bam Childress, and Donte Whitner grabbed a starting safety spot from Tyler Everett.

That shows that this staff will make changes if they need to, but Troy Smith needs to stop crying to the media and get back to busting his ass in practice.

Otherwise, the QB we see won't be Smith, it'll be Boeckman.

Originally posted by SupraGlue:

...but Troy Smith needs to stop crying to the media and get back to busting his ass in practice.

Otherwise, the QB we see won't be Smith, it'll be Boeckman.

I hope so. Him and alot of other players need to shut the hell up and play like a team. If their comments to the media reflect their drive to play football as a team, for their team and not themselves, it's not a surprise to me at all how bad OSU is doing this year.

Zwick has had a lot of pressure on him with OSU having no running game. I don't think people realize how hard it is for a QB to make plays when you are either coming from behind, or trying to make plays passing the ball, while in a running offense. Look at Brett Farve lately. He has played like crap because he has been trying to force stuff because of having to come from behind. A running game would make Zwick look a whole lot better

Mark do you really think Zwick is going to get any sizeable amounts better? Honestly he has been in the program for 3 YEARS and he still cant get it right, i dont care if he has a lot of game experience or not, still 3 yrs in any program, and he looks like he does....Sounds like a dud to me

why cant you people get over the fact that OSU lost to a better, more rounded and better directed team? I am an OSU fan to some extent, but I never questioned that Wisconson is a better team. My girlfriend is a HUGE Buckeye fan, and is related to Steve Bellisari, and I tell her the same thing.

Originally posted by FC_Joe:

if anyone on here can do better than Zwick, I suggest you go do it. If not, STFU and watch the games like a normal person.

Edit: I actually cant stand people who talk sports unless they are actively involved.

Yeah who needs fans! I'm sure sports would do just fine without em...

Originally posted by FC_Joe:

if anyone on here can do better than Zwick, I suggest you go do it. If not, STFU and watch the games like a normal person.

Edit: I actually cant stand people who talk sports unless they are actively involved.

Well ill consider myself an athlete, i did not play football, but i did play lax at osu ( granted i played a year, and quit ). So i think that grants me enough to bitch about how bad zwick sucks, cause i guarentee i have a better or the same power to weight ratio as him, i also gaurentee i can run a faster 40, mile, 2 mile, tri-athealon, vertical. I know for one i cant throw the ball that far though, so i guess i can give him that.

Now the olny plausable reason to even give Zwickstick an excuse, is that he has a horrid line to block for him. But even then running out of the shotgun for a whole game...you would think he could have done better.

And the olny reason why Tressel sticks with him so much, is family ties and commitments. Luckily Zwick did do something right, in helping bring recuits to OSU, but inso doing Tressel was in his debt. Tressel also coached his brother, and is known to associate with the family directly.

And i also knew that this was coming. The top gun recuiting camps alaways seemed to make excuses for why Zwick sucked it up at their camps. He had excuses made for him since day one. And he played at Massilon, whoooopie, cause he didnt do shit there, and the main reason he looked good, was due to the players around him. Zwick has never been good and never will be, its a shame he was all hyped up for nothing.

ZWICK SUCKS, and mark my words he will never be anything, at best another Craig Krenzel ( granted he is much better then Zwick...which is sad )

WTF is this 3 year bullshit? What good is it to be in your 3rd year when you have more time playing with yourself on the internet, than you have had playing time on the field. Granted he is probably better at jacking off.

The Buckeye's suck this year. I had expected them to lose 4 games...sad to say it and it hurts to say it, but come on.

He IS a young QB, kiss my ass if he isn't. We aren't the '02 team at all if you can't tell.

We are expected to be a top ten team every year. Horse shit IMO, we had no business being ranked as high as we were at the start of the season.

I went to the game and some assholes starts yelling out that TRESSEL needs to go to Cincinnatti? "get the fuck outta here 71S is that way?"

Are you serious as far as I can tell Tressel is the real deal and he is here to stay... although there is a story of a recent OSU transfer who got in a bit of trouble for a mugging case that hmmmm transfered to Youngstown St.. after getting into Columbus as an OSU student. But that is another story.

Well i will say this falme me all you want, If Tressel cant play his "game" then he seems not to be able to do anything. He calls all the calls on offense mind you, and esp. against wisconsin, he seemed lost.

I like the guy and dont think its time for change or some bs like that, i think the coaching staff needs revamped ( synder needs yanked, and bollman )

Originally posted by MackZilla:

+2. Oklahoma kicked ass season after season, and they aren't doing as great. Your best year can't be every year. If you love a team only when they win, you are a biotch.

What the hell are you talking about? Oklahoma is undefeated, ranked #2 in the nation, and has the best Tailback in the nation.