Hurst Quality in the Toilet

Kohones

Used to be a man could pay Hurst top dollar, in return he got his $$$'s worth. Guess those days are over too. I bought a Hurst Short Throw shifter for my Z06, have driven car approx 4,000 miles with this shifter. Mostly in 2nd, when you give it some fuel it just starts this annoying "clicking" sound???? My brother took shifter out, cleaned everything including metal shavings? Then re-packed in grease, it's no longer making that awful noise / but I don't know how long it will last either. I don't beat on it (alot) & I don't miss shifts. It is a piece of shit though!! & it really pisses me off :mad:

Buddy of mine had one on his 96 S-10; damn thing leaked like a siv.

I've never really liked how they shifted, at least on the F-body's. I've got a B&M Ripper on the Mustang, which shifts really nicely, but has a bit of rattle in it.

For the Firebird, I have an SLP short throw w/ Lou's Short Stick. Though I had people try to tell me that would be a crappy combo, inaccurate, etc. I freaking LOVE it. Very crisp, short, and precise, and the combo is cheaper than anything else out there. smile.gif

Originally posted by CRXPowered Again:

I've got (I think) the Hurst Pro Shift in my Foxbody. I get the same clicking in 2nd gear. I think I'm going to buy the B&M.

PRO5.0 or Tri-ax.

That is all you need to know.