Challenge for all FD Rx-7 owners

Sam1647545489

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

I believe they are saying the car still had one race left and it was intended for Sam. So if Sam would have said something, he would have raced him. Not that I know anything I am just reading.

Eric

Originally posted by GTPor50:

I believe they are saying the car still had one race left and it was intended for Sam. So if Sam would have said something, he would have raced him. Not that I know anything I am just reading.

How exactly would Sam have known that? I wasn't there, but I'm fairly sure he didn't have his crystal ball with him that night. smile.gif

Guest BLUE BY U
Originally posted by yellowsnake:

i wouldn't mind running ya but not froma 60 roll. i'd rin ya from a stop. i live in canal if ur interested hit me up. i tried calling out ur buddy with the gto but he was a big no go. or at least havn't got any responce. but if your interested hit me up on pm and wer can work out the details.

just didnt see the point in racing a stock GTO against a cobra with spray, but if you want to race i would be more that happy to do that on my ZX9R so get back to me

Originally posted by Mister Formula, Esq.:

Hey Sam, your car feeling froggy this weekend?

Norwalk is Friday, bring it :cool:

BTW, I passed on to Sam about the Viper. I spoke with Joe, who informed me personally he broke his cog belt and wouldn't be racing that evening. Sam and Andrew approached me about racing him and if I knew the guy (since they didn't), and what the deal was. I informed them about his belt and not wanting to participate in a race.

So no, they didhn't talk directly to him. However, I did and passed the info on. Just to clear things up.

Thank you Anthony for letting everyone know that I talked to you about it and you told me the situation. As for Norwalk, only if I didnt have to work. :( Will be there on the next time around. Get that 10 sec slip this time, looks like it will a good day for it. smile.gif

Mensan, if they wanna come out this weekend, tell them too. I have no problem with them either.

Like I said, I didnt want to bother the guy since he was having problems cause I know I wouldnt want to be hassled all night long with people asking me to race if my car was broken...

Originally posted by BLUE BY U:

just didnt see the point in racing a stock GTO against a cobra with spray, but if you want to race i would be more that happy to do that on my ZX9R so get back to me

you know i still don't get why people do that, they try to set up races with their motorcycles against cars. What in the world is the point? There are a lot of cars sure that can beat a bike, but the fact remains it's a bike. Why not just keep the bike racing to bike racing, the car racing to cars and not try to compare an apple to a cherry.

Originally posted by Veritas:

you know i still don't get why people do that, they try to set up races with their motorcycles against cars. What in the world is the point? There are a lot of cars sure that can beat a bike, but the fact remains it's a bike. Why not just keep the bike racing to bike racing, the car racing to cars and not try to compare an apple to a cherry.

If you had a fast car you would understand

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Hold on a minute - so you're saying that, even after Jon Linn and Anthony tell Sam that this guy's got a broken whatever and isn't racing that Sam still should have went up and called him out?

Joe did the calling out on the web. So, he shows up, he can either forfeit or race with no blower belt.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

How exactly would Sam have known that? I wasn't there, but I'm fairly sure he didn't have his crystal ball with him that night. smile.gif

No need to have a crystal ball when armed with the ancient art of conversation. ;)

My one and only point is, Sam, ya could have just gone up and talked to him. No one here is a hard ass, I dont think anyone here is anything to be scared of. The one person he should have talked to...and he didn't. Broken car, no race, who cares? Putting a face to a screen name helps to prevent 99% of E-animosity. It's all supposed to be fun.

As for racing, I've got to pick my battles. I'll challenge the Z06 to any road course, AutoX, or rally with my $2000 beater, and win. ;)

Originally posted by Orion:

and ill be there as well, eric.

im glad someone understood what i was saying. thanks for the translation, eric.

Auto cross is just alright, do some opening lapping days John. Its where the big boys go!