Where are the Yamaha dealers in Dayton?

DangBruhY

As the title says... Where are the Yamaha dealers in Dayton? I went to Competition to look for a bolt and they didn't have a clue where it was. The one that they knew, they didn't have it in stock.

I heard there is one close by, but don't know where.

YEA!! thats the one i was tryin to tell you about aaron.

http://www.joescycleshop.net/default.asp

theres also a yamaha of troy

http://www.yamahaoftroy.com/

my buddy had some work done on his r6 at joes......he was happy :cool:

yamaha of troy isn't at troy.....I thought my gps was on crack at first :slap::D

yamaha of troy isn't at troy.....I thought my gps was on crack at first :slap::D

Yeah it's kind of funny. A lot of people get that same thought. It never even had anything to do with the city of Troy.

The company is called Troy racing when it was first founded and I think known as Honda of Troy and now for whatever reason it's Yamaha of Troy. Go figure.

Everyone I know now calls it Southside Honda (, Yamaha, Suzuki...). They really should change the name completely so it doesn't confuse people. I bet they don't get more business since people automatically think it's all the way up in Troy. There's no reason they still can't keep the Troy Racing name in association with it.

Yeah it's kind of funny. A lot of people get that same thought. It never even had anything to do with the city of Troy.

The company is called Troy racing when it was first founded and I think known as Honda of Troy and now for whatever reason it's Yamaha of Troy. Go figure.

Actually, the dealership originally started life in Troy, hense the name. I vaguely remember seeing it when I was a kid and I mean YOUNG kid. I believe it was at the corner of N. Market St. and Troy St. I can show you what building it was if we are ever up that way.

It is funny that they havn't changed the name tho because when Im up at the Polaris shop on Saturdays, we still have people comming in and asking where it is in Troy.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually it does have something to do with Troy. The original shop was founded in Troy. Hence, Troy Racing... Honda of Troy was adopted due to them picking up Honda and having the race team at the time. They actually sold Huskies at first and the owner was a factory supported Husky rider...

LOTS of MX history in that place... Yamaha of Troy is their Pro MX race team...