1996 Ford Explorer 4X4

excell

Black 1996 Explorer XLT V6 4.0l, Control Trac 4WD, Auto.

Tan cloth interior, power everything, keyless entry, keyless keypad on the door, privacy glass, a/c blows ice, heat is like HELL (even on the lowest setting), rear radio and independant climate controls (radio only works with stock HU), roof rack, class three hitch and trailer wiring, nerf bars, just turned 160,000 miles.

This truck is in absolute pristine mechanical conditon. I used to have offices all over the state, so it's 80% highway miles. I run Mobil 1 5w30 changed every 3000, always with a Motorcraft filter, with damn near NO oil loss. No leaks, no burning. 4X4 works GREAT and shifts into and out of smoothe every time. Trans shifts VERY smoothe and was serviced in March with Valvoline high milage trans fluid and a new filter. New plug wires and Bosch +4 plugs in May 2003, new starter August 2003, all new front brakes with ceramic pads in October 2003, new O2 sensors in January, new fuel filter and PCV in March. Other than the starter this truck has NEVER given me a problem. Runs like it was new. I cannot speak of its mechanical condition enough. Don't be afriad of the miles, this thing runs like new.

Interior is in GREAT shape. The only place that shows any wear is the cargo area, which is to be expected. I hauled computer stuff around all the time and the occasional drag slick, but it's not really that bad either. The rest of the interior is great, definitely does not show the miles.

The exterior is in very good shape, paint not faded in any way. It does have a few little imperfections, but no more than would coincide with 160k of highway miles. The ONLY thing is a little kiss I had with a telephone pole last winter on the passenger side rear wheel well. It's very small and can be easily pulled out, but I never got around to it. I was pulling down a little slope behind my old apartment just after a heavy snow and it slid a little and kissed the pole. :( Not bad at all, though. The nerf bars need new rubber step pads ($10 at Meijer). NO RUST ANYWHERE!!!

A few little items of note:

The on/off switch for the cruise control on the steering wheel is loose, you just have to put a finger behind it when you push for on or off. Evidence of the highway miles, I used my cruise a LOT. tongue.gif

The drivers power lock is unpluged because the rivet that holds the motor to the door broke, and I have not re-riveted it. I might fix this tomorrow, though. I could prolly be talked into fixing it if I don't do it tomorrow. It's really not hard to do, just don't have a lot of time. :(

The truck currently has a JVC CD/MP3 player (with remote) that I paid $250 for less than a year ago, and is wired with a Rockford Fosgate wiring kit($89) for a subwoofer box. If the buyer wants to add in an extra $200 I'll leave the CD player and the wiring. I have all of the original info and box on the CD player. If you don't want it in there, I'll put the stock tape player back in.

KBB values this truck in excellent condition (because it is, save for the kiss on the wheel well), at $5650. I'm asking $4000 neg.

This truck will not let you down. It's a workhourse that will make a GREAT utility daily driver. It did for me! I'm only selling her because now that I have my F250, I just don't need her anymore. It'll be sad to see her go. :(

Please send me a PM if you are intrested.

TIA. :cool:

Originally posted by chochmo:

any pics of it??

No, my digi cam was stolen some time ago. Have not had the cash to get the one I want.

You are more than welcome to come by and see it. I live in Galloway. smile.gif

Originally posted by Bananular:

Christopher, You may use My digicam. PM me.

If you call me Christopher again you will get a permaban. tongue.gif