CooooooLant type????

HellBender

• 2 weeks later...

Yep water wetter. 50/50 is REALLY strong tho. I think it recommends 3-4 cap fulls per quart. I think I mixed like 15-20 for a gallon... And I do believe engine ice is NOT track legal in some cases. That engine ice stuff is still pretty slick.

It is proven to make the bike run a little cooler, but straight up H2O would work if you bike was track only. Riding on the street with straight water can get warm at traffic lights. I noticed a difference in cooling when I used the water wetter vs only water

It is proven to make the bike run a little cooler, but straight up H2O would work if you bike was track only. Riding on the street with straight water can get warm at traffic lights. I noticed a difference in cooling when I used the water wetter vs only water

You have some numbers (or approximates?) Are we talking like 215F vs. 200F w/ Water Wetter, or are we talking like 215F vs. 160F?

Yep water wetter. 50/50 is REALLY strong tho. I think it recommends 3-4 cap fulls per quart. I think I mixed like 15-20 for a gallon... And I do believe engine ice is NOT track legal in some cases. That engine ice stuff is still pretty slick.

right on, its 3-4 caps (1 oz) per quart.

i just checked out engine ice at comp acc (worst place ever) but the guy that was looking in his book of goodies said that engine ice was AMA legal in the notes. not sure if that means its ok on the track...

You have some numbers (or approximates?) Are we talking like 215F vs. 200F w/ Water Wetter, or are we talking like 215F vs. 160F?

let me go look at my water wetter i just got today...

50% glycol and 50% water -- 228F

50/50 + water wetter -- 220F

water -- 220

water + water/wetter -- 208F

all on dyno runs, so says the back of the bottle, don't know how it affects normal riding ill let you know when i do the change tomorrow.

I'm using something like 50% ethylene glycol and 50% water + water wetter. I was running a little low on 50% ethylene glycol and 50% water in the reservoir, so I dumped some water wetter in there to top off...haven't rode the bike much since to report any results. :dunno:

Is there any reason not to run 100% distilled in a track bike? What advantages does the Water Wetter give? Higher Boiling Point?
WaterWetter helps lower temps maybe 10-20 degrees. Reason to use it in place of straight distilled water: it provides protection for corrosion.

Running straight distilled water does not give you any lubrication for the seals in the water pump. Water wetter will also lubricate the seals/pump. Plain and simple.