CooooooLant type????

HellBender

Old skool. I like it.

Werd!

I have been running water wetter as prescribed from the bottle (3-4 capfuls per quart) since my rebuild, and honestly, the 51 has been running a bit hot for my taste. Now, 51s typically run a bit hotter than most thanks to the Rube Goldberg radiator system Honda created for them. Methinks I am gonna try engine ice, since it is Mid OH friendly.

I don't understand why some coolants are track friendly on some tracks and others aren't. Per Fasttrax rules - water or Red Line (I assume Water Wetter) only. So, why is Mid OH Engine Ice friendly?

Someone needs to tell me what coolant I can run in my track bike that'll work for ALL the tracks. I don't want to do coolant flushes every trackday.

ok after installing water/water wetter today, few things i've noticed:

yes it does run cooler, approximately 10-8 degrees cooler for me when rolling.

but it also will get hotter faster. no its not alarming but with antifreeze it stayed at 178 for a while before it started to get hotter. water+water wetter is a little less stable and will get to 200+ quicker than antifreeze if your stopped at a light. which is ok if your running track and don't plan at stopping at any lights or getting caught in traffic.

but thats when i apply my California lane splitting rule, and claim to the officer thats where i grew up and learned and technically there is no law to say i cant do it...

(sorry for the unneeded ending run on)