WTB SKI BOAT

KennyFKINPowerz

Being a boat owner, let me give you some good advice.

When I bought my boat, I was also trying the "something cheaper" route. People try to get insane amounts of money out of total garbage. I looks 17-19' boats that needed totally new interiors, were terriable oxidized, chips in the gel coat, 10-15 years old, god only knows how they ran, yet they still wanted 6-7k for these boats. Others realized they had a junker on their hands and gave it away.

Buy the nicest boat you can afford. Boats are money pits, and require quite a bit of care. The less work you have to do on one, the better. Trust me, it sucks have a boat down for over a year because you can't afford to rebuild the motor (my situation...I'm just now getting ready to fix it). I even got a damn good deal on my boat, was/is in great shape for its age, but still got screwed in the end. :(

In summary, a cheap boat many times just ends up costing you more in repairs. :(

Boat = break out another thousand.

Mine is getting redone now, pulled the motor and drive off the past two days, all back on, re did stereo, gel looks amazing for a red boat, new tank going in tomorrow.

As for oxidation. Vertglas. 80 bucks a pop, easy to put on, keeps boat nice for a year.

check out the boat trader. you should be able to find some good deals in there

My neighbor got real lucky and just bought a 1988 20 foot maxium that is in prefect shape. has a 305 interior is in great shape and gelcoat looks good for the age and he only paid $4300 for it.

Originally posted by jallen100:

Thanks for the info guys. And you are right everything I have come accross is 25 or 30 years old and look like hell for 5 grand. I guess i am just gonna have to spend the money and get a newer one with no issues.

And on maintence and tune ups, dont buy shitty parts. You can get away with it in a daily, in a boat it makes thing go ka fucking boom. Mine might be done today, gotta go prop testing smile.gif